Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tibet.............Forbidden Land

Tibet.............Forbidden Land 6 years 5 months ago #19519

• gera
Hi everyone...

I have taken seriously the "Refurbishing" of Tibet in FSX, since the Sim leaves this area "bare as a bone!!!" not a single airport........ I have finished Lhasa´s Gongar airport (ZULS) in the south west banks of the Yarlung Zongbo River, only 28 miles from the capital The airport is connected to the rest of China which includes cities such as Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Chongqing, Xian, Xining, Kunming, Diqing and Chamdo Region and an international route connects Katmandu Nepal ......that scenery is finished....I also finished Nyingchi Airport ( ZUNZ), which is located in the South East- It is suggested to be one of the most challenging instrument approaches in the world, since the airport is in a winding valley. There is a very interesting article how this airport will eventually be serviced by Satellite links to help with navigation entering and leaving the airport....In FSX, it will be quite a challenge making your final approach and getting out of it!!!!!!...
Next will be Qamdo Bangda Airport (ZUBD), which has the honor of being the highest airport in the world, with an altitude of 4,334 metres (14,219 ft).Visitors are warned before landing to move slowly on leaving the plane and that they may feel light headed or dizzy because of the thin air. (This also happens in La Paz, Bolivia with its airport at 13,300 ft)....It was pretty hard to find the location (or nearby one) of this airport in FSX, but I think I nailed one....Once I finish with this, the Mission will start...

Finally I also made two "small rural" airstrips which will also test your nerves in this wonderful country. Since many do not like missions I will put out just the scenery for those who wish to fly in Tibet by themselves....

check this out...
www.aviationweek.com/aw/gener...aw092506p1.xml

PS..I point out that the scenery will have some "salt and pepper" in order to make the future Mission as hard as nails!!

This is a two episode Mission
The first one uses the "Vanguard Model" found on page 9 of this site....
Gera
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Tibet.............Forbidden​ Land 6 years 5 months ago #19801

• gera
Hi Guys.....

Last night I finished the "Scenery" of the Mission, that is, all Three Real airports of Tibet (not exactly as they are in real life) and added some "extra" airfields for those who will want to wonder by themselves in this mysterious Land. The Mission should be ready early next week....what I wanted to tell you is that I have used in the second Episode, which is the actual flight into Tibet, the wonderful--British VANGUARD found Here!!!
VANGUARD.zip at:
classicbritishfiles.com/index.php?option...&func=fileinfo&id=14

This is the aircraft the film crew will use to transport all their equipment and other stuff which you will fly in the Mission.......hope you enjoy it. If you don´t like Missions, I will also upload the "Scenery Files and airports" as a separate zip so at least you can go by yourself to this wonderful country which is "Empty" in FSX.........

Cheers

Note: Tibet is really "Up There" so if you go freeflying take at least a "Turbo" since the thin air
of its mountains and valleys needs aircraft with Power.....regular piston ones simply don´t "take off"
from most airfields!!!!!:huh: :dry: ----most are above 10,000 ft!!!!:woohoo:
Gera

Re:Tibet.............Forbidden​ Land 6 years 5 months ago #20034

Best of luck Gera with these Tibetan Scenery/Adventures!!! I've done a little flying around Tibet in FS9 (plastered with addons) and it would be nice to have something for FSX. :) :) :)
Peter Forster
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by NorthernKnight.

Re:Tibet.............Forbidden​ Land 6 years 5 months ago #20035

• gera
NorthernKnight wrote:
Best of luck Gera with these Tibetan Scenery/Adventures!!! I've done a little flying around Tibet in FS9 (plastered with addons) and it would be nice to have something for FSX. :) :) :)

Thanks amigo.....let me know if you liked them. I might do Chapter III.:)
Gera