Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fix for Interrupted Downloads

Fix for Interrupted Downloads 5 years 6 months ago #25914

Anyone suffer from not always being able to get a full download? Sometimes it stops before completion? Perhaps you live in a remote rural location a long way from the exchange? :(

If so then a 'download manager' allowing you to resume partial downloads, could be the answer to your prayers.

With this you can resume where your interrupted download stopped. :woohoo:

Freeware Download manager
Peter Forster
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Fix for Interrupted Downloads 5 years 6 months ago #25929

Hello, I am a newcommer to this forum and suitably impressed with the layout as well as the available downloads this site has to offer.

I have had a similar issue with downloads that seemingly "finish" before the compleat file is compiled. As an example, a download that is 12 megs will only download 10 megs and indicate that it has successfully compleated. Then when I go to unzip the file I get a "File Corrupted or Damaged" message from my extraction utility. Anyone else have this issue?

thanks for all the input,

Cheers -- wulfgar

Re:Fix for Interrupted Downloads 5 years 5 months ago #26953

Yes Wolfgar,
I have encountered this difficulty when I went to download "The Very First Auster".
In each of several attempts, the computer "let go" of the download shortly after two of the ten or so mbs were downloaded.

Frustrating.

Tony

Re:Fix for Interrupted Downloads 5 years 5 months ago #26954

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
The problem appears to be with your internet connection -- not sure how we can cure this - I have asked Rob to address it
with our provider , until a suitable fix such as using torrent can be reached I will be happy to send you the complete files
your trying to download.

Frankly Im a bit mystified that in your case Mike that your having trouble downloading a 3mb file.

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by LeifH.

Re:Fix for Interrupted Downloads 5 years 5 months ago #26959

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
I may be way off with this Leif but I've read that Windows 7 and I think Vista can be 'funny' about downloads & installs unless they have invoked full administrator rights on their computers ?
Probably got nothing to do with this - but.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Re:Fix for Interrupted Downloads 5 years 5 months ago #26960

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
I can verify the Vista part .

leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>

Re:Fix for Interrupted Downloads 5 years 5 months ago #26968

• Keith Paine
  • Thank you received: 4
It sounds as if wulfgar & Tony Wilson suffer my problem as previously reported - for me in France I find it best to download from cbf in the morning during the week. Evenings & weekends are usually hopeless & I need at least 35 to 45 Mb/sec to complete the download. Its probably down to the routing used by cbf & ones own position on the globe!
I must admit that I had no problem downloading the AW Ensign the other morning when I had 95MB/sec ( I only have a 125 MB/sec connection download - multiply by 8 to get the normally designated 1Mb/sec - half that for uploads!)
I have yet to utilise the software for interrupted stuff mentiond above.
Keith
Upside Down In Cloud.....

Re:Fix for Interrupted Downloads 5 years 3 months ago #27973

• Keith Paine
WARNING!!!
The link above for the Giganet download appears to have been hijacked - it now links to a Japanese site!!!
( I only referred back here because I cannot remember where I put the download!!!)
Keith
[edit]
download.cnet.com/Gigaget-Download-Manag...10503294.html?tag=bc

Go here to get it.
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Keith Paine.

Re:Fix for Interrupted Downloads 5 years 3 months ago #27974

• Keith Paine
I can confirm that having downloaded the above it works a treat!

I had problems downloading the Gemini to test it for the Race Handicap calcs & I could only get 35 - 45 KB/sec & it timed out at 18MB first time & 13 MB the second (out of 35MB). Whilst downloading the 13 MB one I simultaneously downloaded it from Gigaget (because I didn't know what I was doing basically!) & I was getting between 100 & 125 KB/sec ( my maximum). It downloaded perfectly!
Keith

Re:Fix for Interrupted Downloads 5 years 2 months ago #28639

Hi All,
I followed all the advise in this post as I was unable to D/L any files without a them getting cut off in mid flow.
but alas even with a D/L manager I still have a problem, last night I managed to D/L 79% of the ATP file, when it cut out again the d/l manager attempted, several times to re-start the D/L, but it gave an error message: this site does not allow access to continue D/L, or words along those lines anyway.

any help would be greatly appreciated please, as when it comes to computers, I have the mental agility of a rather large cabbage.

Robbie.