Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Canberra Repaints

Canberra Repaints 5 years 5 months ago #27027

Hello To All, from Atlanta, Georgia!

I've really enjoyed being a member of Classic British Files. A GREAT website - which is probably not said often enough.

I'd like to lay a challenge out to all of the fine repainters out there. The Paul Foster Canberras are simply my favorite jet to fly (I fly mostly older heavy iron like DC-4s, etc.). I love the responsiveness of the 'Berra and the fact that one can do a fine airshow-type presentation in one with no trouble at all.

The USAF had some of the early Canberras designated B-57A and RB-57A. I surely would love to see some of our artists tackle these paint schemes.

Any takers?

Marc Burcham
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Canberra Repaints 5 years 5 months ago #27028

Sorry about this but in my earlier post I limited my appreciation of the Canberras to Paul Foster; I should have said Paul Foster/Bill Holker, at al.

Anyone involved in these fine aircraft deserves a pat on the back, and NOT to be left out.

Marc

Re: Canberra Repaints 5 years 5 months ago #27031

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Welcome to the Pond Marc

We have a couple of painters hanging around who might be able to accomdate you

and if you enjoy the Cranberry so much you might like to know there is a new one in the works by Steve Beeny

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>

Re: Canberra Repaints 5 years 5 months ago #27048

Sounds great! And, of course, Steve Beeny is part of the "et al" from above. Sorry, Steve, for not typing out your name for kudos.

Marc

Re:Canberra Repaints 5 years 4 months ago #27804

No problem at all, Paul and Bill were the real magic makers behind that project anyway. But yes, as Leif says, I am working on a new series of models myself now, and the B-57A and possibly RB-57A will be among them. I should point out that these are going to be primarily payware though, but the B.2 pack will be going up for grabs free and no doubt I'll post that up here too.

Cheers,

Steve