Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RCS B25 Mitchell

RCS B25 Mitchell 4 years 10 months ago #30642

• Miggers
  • Thank you received: 1
OK,ok,I know it's not a Classic Brit in our usual sense of the word,but it did serve with the RAF and
many other airforces under the wartime RAF umbrella.

Not sure whether anyone knows this beautiful thing,I've been flying it for years(V1.5),but RCS
have updated her to Version 2.5.

She comes in all three flavours,FSX,FS9 and Fs2002.

Download her here:

www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html

Screenies so you can have a shufty before you jump in,and,yes,it's bloody well FREE !!!!!!!

205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1254850115/2

If you like light bombers,especially the B25,known as "A Gentleman's Aeroplane",then give her a go
I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
BTW,she can be a pig to start when cold,but if you prime 'em properly and go through the correct start up sequence
she'll rattle into life.

Mark
CBF Alpha/Beta Test Pilot

CBF Chief Fighter Pilot

IL2 Messerschmitt 109 ace

Holder of the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves,Swords and Diamonds.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: RCS B25 Mitchell 4 years 9 months ago #30821

I believe that he was at one time involved in the MAAM project to model their B-25, but there was some falling out between the parties involved. So he went off and did one of his own.

Such things happen on t'internet, the panel on this aircraft is certainly one of the highest quality freeware ones out there. I think 1.5 is the version I have stashed away somewhere.

Could be just the bird for blasting bumbling Orsters out of the way in the circuit. :woohoo:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Just a thought. (Abe Lincoln)

Re: RCS B25 Mitchell 4 years 9 months ago #30822

• Miggers
  • Thank you received: 1
That's right Allan.

Roy Chaffin(THE man behind RCS Panels)did his B-25 and offered it to MAAM when they
announced a B-25.
He and Jan Visser had fallen out,so he went his own way,they went theirs and
did their version,Briefing Time.

As I've said,I've been flying Roy's original for years(been on a few Sunday night MPs with it),
it looks,sounds and flies great.

Mark
CBF Alpha/Beta Test Pilot

CBF Chief Fighter Pilot

IL2 Messerschmitt 109 ace

Holder of the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves,Swords and Diamonds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeifH

Re: RCS B25 Mitchell 4 years 9 months ago #30823

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Mark, Allan

A photo of Executive Sweet and Heavenly Body performing at Nellis AFB yesterday -- perfect day , wonderful sounds, Nick Moody took the shot along with a bunch on his facebook page - hes an incredibly talented photographers

Attachment 154500_1573258664933_1639544738_1285438_7161570_n.jpg not found

Thanks Nick for letting me use them....no Brit stuff flying this year :( but a gorgeous Mk4 JP and three Typhoons in the static.

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by LeifH.

Re: RCS B25 Mitchell 4 years 9 months ago #30882

I don't know what is built into the latest version of the panel but it takes a ludicrous amount of time to load on my PC, after I get back tomorrow night I'll see if I can merge the old panel with the new model.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Just a thought. (Abe Lincoln)