Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help needed please

Help needed please 4 years 9 months ago #30716

A few weeks ago,I did'nt have any trouble downloading files from this site,but now I'm having no luck at all.I've downloaded six files over the last few days and none of them work.For example I've just downloaded ca65f25dAuster_Alpine.zip and this is what happens when I unzip the file.
Winzip error message. Some data in your zip file is damaged.The CRC is f5e31471 but should be 1f43c2f4.The size of the extracted file (1972273) does not match the uncompressed size (1973286) recorded in the zip file.
I have tried downloading with and without a download manager with no luck.
This has puzzled me because I am not having this problem with any other sites.Any help would be much appreciated.
Terry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help needed please 4 years 9 months ago #30717

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi 'staffy'
For a possible reason for your download problem see the post here 'Alpha Download'. I see on another site (C.B.F.S.) that you have a slow dial-up connection - probably doesn't help, but not something you can easily change though.
I just downloaded the aircraft from here on a cable connection in 20 secs and the fileset is complete.
However, can't have you not being able to experience my Alpine, so here's a link to a download site -
www.sendspace.com/file/o1eggb
Trust this works OK.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Molyned.

Re: Help needed please 4 years 9 months ago #30727

Thanks for your reply Dave and for the link.
I've no idea what the problem is,like I said it all worked perfectly the last time I was here.My internet is slow but normally reliable,I've even downloaded 800 mb files from the trainsim site.
Re the 'Alpha Download ' thread I had already seen it and it does'nt really help,seems to be a different problem eg.zipping to the end and saying file download complete when it's only maybe 50%.I had that particular problem a while back on another site and fixed it by changing my download manager.
Thanks again
Terry

Re: Help needed please 4 years 9 months ago #30728

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Terry

If you continue to have problems and there is something you have your heart set on...just post away and one of us will get it to you.

(I mean from the library here!!!)

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by LeifH.

Re: Help needed please 4 years 9 months ago #30762

Thanks for the offer Leif,it's much appreciated.