Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CRC Errors in file download

CRC Errors in file download 4 years 9 months ago #30817

• OleBoy
Hi everyone. Sorry to post of this nature. I have tried to download the Teledyne+Continental+sounds by Gary Jones several times. There's a CRC issue on extraction. I sure would like to get a healthy download.

Thanks

OleBoy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CRC Errors in file download 4 years 9 months ago #30818

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
Sorry to read of your download problem OleBoy - they're usually caused by a slow link somewhere in the route between the server and your location - annoying :(
However, we have the technology - try this this link www.sendspace.com/file/luw96f
I've put the fileset there for you.
Please let me know if this route works OK - can't have any unhappy customers, can we ?
Regards
Dave M(oly)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OleBoy

Re: CRC Errors in file download 4 years 9 months ago #30824

• OleBoy
You are correct about my connection. I awoke this AM to find my connection almost non existent. A call into tech support and I learned it is affecting many more subscribers. Time outs, errors and slow browsing in general. I'm sure that's the cause. Hopefully they can get it fixed soon so I can move on in my research tasks.

Gary did a super great job on the sound files as always. I wanted them for the Beagle Basset. That is one model I really enjoy flying, as the flight dynamics (to me) are done nicely. The Basset is quick, agile and very responsive when it needs to be. Landings are perfect as it settles in for approach excellently.
...Getting the sound files without the CRC problem made a big difference, as there were only 7mb inside when extracted. That left a lot to the imagination as different stages throughout were missing. Gary's talent does the Basset due justice, and it will remain in my list of frequent fliers. I do enjoy it very much

Thanks Dave, for the special treatment to obtain the sound files.

The Basset package is very enjoyable!

OleBoy (aka) Don

Re: CRC Errors in file download 4 years 9 months ago #30825

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
In Dave's absence
You are welcome Don -- Rob's Bassett is a joy, and the sound file Gary did are perfect, wait till you hear Paul Gausden's Luton Minor with Garys JAP sounds that Martin P provided, I am not sure if people really know how many jewels are stashed in our library, but the modelers,Painters, sound guys etc etc do a wonderful job.

Leif

Anytime you have a problem downloading something, give us a whistle and one of us will get it to you tout suite, there is always someone hanging around backstage to do it.

This applies to anyone having problems, we are here purely to make folks enjoy their FS experieince.
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by LeifH.