Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Military Airfields in Yorkshire.

Military Airfields in Yorkshire. 4 years 9 months ago #30934

I'd appreciate help with 1 problem & with information about scenery makers.

1 = I've download & installed into my FS9 the great 4 airfields from UKSD’s Military Airfields in Yorkshire. I see that some of the non-brick textures on the type C hangars don't show at Church Fenton & Marne Barrack at Catterick, leaving whites area showing. Everything else looks fine. Has anyone else had this problem or know of the fix?

2 = Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with the scenery makers Stephen Legg & Rob Brittain? I'm building some WW2 airfields for my private use & would like to ask them if it's possble to get the buildings they've used. I've search the info that came with the dowload but can't see any contact details.

Thanks.
Terry Wallis.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Military Airfields in Yorkshire. 4 years 9 months ago #30935

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Welcome Terry

Let me see if we can help there with a contact if NOT
what sort of scenery are you looking for?

Prehaps we can guide you or maybe see if someone here has made some -- Dave Molyneaux and Peter Forster have been known to make some scenery.

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>
The following user(s) said Thank You: gypsymoth

Re: Military Airfields in Yorkshire. 4 years 9 months ago #30937

• dhasdell
  • Thank you received: 1
Just a guess, but might the missing texture be one of those Nova ones?

David H.
Rats! Why won't anything work properly first time?

Re: Military Airfields in Yorkshire. 4 years 9 months ago #30940

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
Not familiar with that scenery myself. It can be quite a challenge to track down just which textures are missing and why.
Contacting the scenery makers may be your only realistic answer. I would try asking on the forums at www.fsdeveloper.com/ which is where many of the scenery gurus hang out.
HTH
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Re: Military Airfields in Yorkshire. 4 years 9 months ago #30942

Thank you Leif. I have FS9 with Golden Wings installed that returns it back to the 30s & 40s. I've just made an RAF Ibsely for my own private use, as it's about 4 miles away from me & I can rememeber hearing aircraft reving engines & then seeing Spitfires on the perimeter track from the top of a bus. That dates me!

I'd like to go on & make a few more - all for my own use. The problem is having the right buildings etc, to place in the scenery. I have Ted Andrews things & was very glad to see the wonderful buildings in the Yorkshire airfields I've just installed. The question I ask is, where can I get scenery objects like these ? I've just got David Molyneaux's RATCLIFFE AERODROME & that has some great buildings & vehicles......

David H asks about Nova textures but I don't remember having to get extra textures...?

The tip from Dave M(oly) is a good one so I might have a look in there to see if anyone can help. So - Dave, any chance of getting your ojects for my own use?

I should get a tutorial about making objects. Is there a good simple one?
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by gypsymoth.

Re: Military Airfields in Yorkshire. 4 years 9 months ago #30944

• Miggers
  • Thank you received: 1
Whoo,RAF Ibsley?,that rings a bell.

Any chance of some screenies Terry?

On the white areas in MAIY scenery,have you tried just nipping your
scenery setting back a smidgin at all?
It might just help a touch.

Mark
CBF Alpha/Beta Test Pilot

CBF Chief Fighter Pilot

IL2 Messerschmitt 109 ace

Holder of the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves,Swords and Diamonds.

Re: Military Airfields in Yorkshire. 4 years 9 months ago #30945

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
Regarding my buildings at Ratcliffe and other similar stuff, you or anyone can easily install them anywhere because ratcliffe-dfm.bgl and its associated xml & txt files are in the download. You do need a program like Abacus EZ-Scenery or similar to read the bgl. You may need to copy the relevant texture files to your new scenery/texture folder depending on how you install new scenery stuff.
Goes without saying of course that you mustn't publish such work without the relevant acknowledgments being included.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Re: Military Airfields in Yorkshire. 4 years 9 months ago #30947

Thanks Dave - I'll have a go. I assure you the airfields I make are for my own use......

I've just installed RAF Tinwald Down V.1 by Rob Brittain but the email I sent asking if I could use some of his buildings has been returned :ohmy: :huh:

www.flickr.com/photos/27193413@N03/sets/72157624597362588/ will get my Ibsely but I've yet to upload what I think the blast pens looked like. This is a work in progress....

Re: Military Airfields in Yorkshire. 4 years 9 months ago #30948

Thank you Dave - they're brilliant. Ibsely will soon be sporting proper RAF vehicles......:woohoo: l

Re: Military Airfields in Yorkshire. 4 years 9 months ago #30950

I've got a high spec machine for FS9. This loss of texture is just on this one hangar....

Re: Military Airfields in Yorkshire. 4 years 9 months ago #30952

Hi Terry,

I find this page worthwhile for finding common textures for add on scenery. flightsim.com/main/filemust.htm

When reinstalling FS9 I always add the VOD textures, the NOVA and NOVA gold textures and Gerrish trees. I have also added most if not all of the EZ scenery library textures. They shouldn't have any effect on the sim (except possibly startup time) even if they aren't necessary for the scenery you have.

I hope your missing textures are in one of these common libraries.

Jon

Re: Military Airfields in Yorkshire. 4 years 9 months ago #30953

Thanks for that info Jon.
I don't remember seeing instructions to get more textures. It's just the roofs of the low side building & doors that don't show....I can always exclude it & pop another similar one in it's place!

What I'm amazed about is lack of contact details of the maker. The email address he provided doesn't work & the scenery site doesn't appear when I google it so maybe that's defunct!!

Cheers.