Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DH Hornet F3

DH Hornet F3 4 years 8 months ago #31122

Sorry to nitpick, but has anyone else noticed the props on this lovely bird turn the wrong way? Looking from the front the port engine should turn anticlockwise, the starboard engine clockwise: the model has them the other way round.

Sorry... :blush:
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by hairyspin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: DH Hornet F3 4 years 8 months ago #31127

Not sure what model you have there HS but the Hornet available on this site is pictured below.
Sorry.........:blush:

Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by robcarrich.

Re: DH Hornet F3 4 years 8 months ago #31128

• Rich
Rob, I can see what he is on about, in spot view from the front the props are turning in the opposite directions to what they should be, however on engine run down below idle the are correct the same with start up they are correct up to idle, it does not bother me it's when they stop turning is the time things get hectic.

Re: DH Hornet F3 4 years 8 months ago #31129

Come on Rich,
Thats just the old stagecoach effect, the wheels always go backwards in those old westerns!
It's an FSX issue.
I bet Cecil B did'nt have to put up with this!!

Re: DH Hornet F3 4 years 8 months ago #31130

• Rich
Rob I know that, it's why I said it does'nt bother me

Re: DH Hornet F3 4 years 8 months ago #31131

Hi Rich,
I can remember a posting on another site about this issue.
On a real prop all you can see is a faint disc with no strobe effect, it is just added to the fs prop discs for more (less) realism.

Rob

Re: DH Hornet F3 4 years 8 months ago #31132

• Keith Paine
  • Thank you received: 4
Thats one of the reaons I don't add blades to my blurred prop dics, ones eyes dont have 25 fps shutters on them ( in analogue camera mode that is) & if one sees props taken with modern digital cameras one gets a whole lot different effect!
Keith
Upside Down In Cloud.....

Re: DH Hornet F3 4 years 8 months ago #31133

Keith,
I suppose the answer is to keep the effect to a bare minimum so at least the impression of some movement is visible.

Rob

Re: DH Hornet F3 4 years 8 months ago #31141

This is the F.3 from this site I'm talking about, but I'd forgotten about the Stagecoach effect. Viewing the model from the outside and blipping the throttles gives the impression of the props reversing their turn direction. QED.

Sorry to have caused any trouble, but like I said she's a lovely bird. I'm enjoying the sheer responsiveness when the Merlins are tickled - which is what Winkle Brown raved about. Inasmuch as FSX is a simulator, it's really good to enjoy a decent simulation of this thoroughbred.

Over to you, Mr De Mille!

Re: DH Hornet F3 4 years 8 months ago #31144

• Keith Paine
  • Thank you received: 4
As for keeping things to a minimum, I've just noticed that my current WIP has the blurred prop about 1 pixel off centre so one gets a very slight wobble to the yellow tips, I think my others do likewise! This then does not seem to have the 'Stagecoach' effect
Keith
Upside Down In Cloud.....