Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #31750

Hello Andrew,
Thank you for your interest in the Twin Pioneer, not quite sure what the problem is that you are having because, as Rich has said, all three needles work as they should.
The altitude can be re-calibrated by pressing the "b" key, other than that make sure your aircraft configuration has not been altered in any way.

Rob R
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by robcarrich.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #31751

Rich wrote:
On the subject of Twin Pins would one or other of our expert painters want to take a crack at this one ?

Not a good job but the best I could manage on Mike Stones model, the paint was chipped off Garry Russell's PAL Viscount for the colours so the shades should be right.

Here's hoping

Rich

I really like that Rich!
Here's hoping also!

Rob R

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #31755

• Rich
Rob, the logo's and Philippine Airlines title were done by Jerry a member of the Philippine Flight Simmers Forums, I am not up to that sort of thing.

Seems Philippine Airlines bought 5 series 2 models with the Pratt Whitney's engines, as far as is known here only 3 actually arrived in the Philippines 1 was written of in a crash on a training flight, no fatalities, the other 2 were disposed of a year later.

The other 2 of the original 5 possibly went to Air America for secret squirrel use

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #31764

robcarrich wrote:
Hello Andrew,
Thank you for your interest in the Twin Pioneer, not quite sure what the problem is that you are having because, as Rich has said, all three needles work as they should.
The altitude can be re-calibrated by pressing the "b" key, other than that make sure your aircraft configuration has not been altered in any way.

Rob R

Rob (& Rich),

Thank you for the quick response. It was, in fact, the panel.cfg file. I had modified it by adding an additional pop-up window with a Flight Timer for timing my flights. I particularly didn't care for the FA-18 HUD and "//'d" it out of the config. I was careful to renumber the windows appropriately but, clearly, FSX doesn't like having the FA-18 HUD removed.

Again, a fantastic aircraft. I am a fan of STOL aircraft and radial engines, and have had Mike Stone's original "Twin Pioneer" for years. I knew someone would eventually do an updated version and your aircraft has been more than well worth the wait.

Regards
Andrew Godden

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #31766

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Welcome to the Pond, Andrew

W e are glad to have you -- you will find the folks who built the models very helpful and prompt

Hope you find everything you looking for - if you have any problems with downloads give us a whistle and we (the admin) will be glad to help out

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #31805

Thanks Leif, and if I am not wrong, I will see you in the GAAR.

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #31806

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Yes Chris Trott and I are representing the VA

Just having the Dove tarted up with racing numbers :)

Leif

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #32084

• Rich
After all this time with some recent digging I find the paint I did on Mike Stones Twin Pin is one of the 2 that was never delivered to Philippine Airlines but was sold to the CIA.

Peter a definite Reg is PI-C430

PI-C434 sold before delivery

Accident description

Date: 12 JAN 1960
Type: Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer 2
Operator: Philippine Air Lines
C/n / msn: 562
First flight: 1959-04-16 (9 months)
Crew: Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 3
Passengers: Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 0
Total: Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 3
Airplane damage: Written off
Airplane fate: Written off (damaged beyond repair)
Phase: Landing (LDG)
Nature: Training
Departure airport: ?
Destination airport: ?
Narrative:
The Twin Pioneer crash-landed following a training flight.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Rich. Reason: correcting reg details

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #32086

Hi Rich

434 is the one I am doing. The B&W pic I am using shows the Philippine flag and PAL under the starboard wing. The lower fuselage and wings appear to be grey (yes I know it would be in a B&W pic!) so that is what I am painting it. The line along the fuselage will be the dark blue edged in red and the cockpit area will be red. Might be a little while before completion but it is on the way.

cheers, Peter

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #32158

• Rich
Peter, can you change the reg to PI-C430 that is the one that crashed here on Plaridel, sorry 434 it seems never made it here sold to the CIA before being delivered to PAL.

I have dug out the old PAL logo's that were done for me years ago, Route of the ORIENT STAR, winged Pal logo and Philippine Airlines title with correct font do you want a copy of them they are in jpg and png format and will need to be sized.

That Photo you are working from is one I have never seen buy the sound of it never saw any sign of the upper wing surface, respectfully begging a copy of it please.

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #32172

OK Rich

430 it is then! I have the winged PAL logo but not the others so would be grateful if you could send them to me. email addy 'This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.'. I will send you the pic of 434. It doesn't show the top surface of the wing but it is taken from the starboard side and clearly shows the National flag and 'PAL' under the wing. The pic of 430 is taken from the port side and shows just the registration underneath the wing.

cheers, Peter

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #32199

I have downloaded the FSX Twin Pioneer (which looks wonderful) but some of the gauges in the panel do not work for me (slip ball and altimeter do not move)

Is this for FSX Acceleration users only? I see an F18Hud file referenced in the panel.cfg which I don't appear to have on my FSX Pro installation (SP2). Any idea how to get the relevant file or a fix?

I'd really like to have this aircraft working in my FSX library. I read a review of the ETPS liveried Twin Pin in one of my old copies of Pilot magazine and since then have been hooked and waiting for a nice flightsim
version to appear.

Thanks

Adam

PS: Am running Win 7 64 bit. New PC. GTX480 graphics.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by trafficpilot.

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #32200

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Sorry Adam yes All of Robs models are for acceleration

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #32208

Hello Adam,
Thank you for downloading the Twin Pioneer but as Leif has said all my models are for acceleration as that is all I have on my system.
The gauges are coded into the model and should work in SP2, does the altimeter re-calibrate when the "b" key is pressed?
Make sure the aircraft cfg. file and the panel cfg. file have not been altered in any way.
I use the F18 hud as it is great for sightseeing!
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by robcarrich.

Re: Rob Ricgardson's Twin Pioneer for FSX 4 years 7 months ago #32225

Hi Guys thanks for the replies. Well I have removed SP2 and installed my copy of Acceleration over the top of my current FSX and all the gauges now function correctly:). As you say Rob - the HUD is good for admiring the UK countryside with VFR GenX installed.

This is proving quite a challenging aircraft to land correctly on three points on a short-strip - it gets behind the drag profile really quickly! Brilliant. Also good to see that if you brake too hard after landing...she noses over! Hurrah! Just like the real thing.

Is there a repaint available in the Empire Test Pilots School red white and blue livery? Definitely my favourite:D
www.airliners.net/photo/Scottish-Aviation-Twin/1583085/L/

If not I'll have to try my hand at repainting:blush:

Thanks again

Adam