Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Repainter, now with new test images!

Re: Repainter, long time lurker, first time poster... 4 years 5 months ago #32992

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Alan
Those paints are only available to VA members and back stage personell, we dont show them off other than the VA file, we dont offer them to the general public, and the greater percentage of them were done by Garry Russell who is part of Dave and Ricks production team.

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>
The topic has been locked.

Re: Repainter, long time lurker, first time poster... 4 years 5 months ago #32995

• JDT73
  • FS9 Eejit
....host them elsewhere would be fine by me, any way is good, as long as I get those paints. Mr Maltby has given his blessing and that's the dogs by me. Please upload them somewhere and PM me the details if we are not aloud to post that publicly?

Jamie

Re: Repainter, long time lurker, first time poster... 4 years 5 months ago #32997

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Jamie

Its fine If Jjeremy wants to post where he puts them, Its as I have explained they are really excellent repaints BUT like CBFS we have a policy of no "fakes" so if we open that door where does it end?
The developers here spend a great deal of time researching and documenting their models, Would you paint an IL62 in Speedbird gold? Or an Tu104 in Red Square? As you point out if Mr Maltby has given his blessing (and as Garry Russell pointed out there was never a paint kit issued for the VC10 because the production team covered 99% of the paints. I am not going to beleagure the point , I am sorry its a closed item, The administration here would prefer NOT to host such paints. I did NOT say Do not paint them or release them , I said they are very nice but it goes against Britsims ideals to host such obvious fakes.

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>

Re: Repainter, long time lurker, first time poster... 4 years 5 months ago #32999

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
Jamie -
the simplest way of getting your repaints to folks is to load them onto a file-share site like Sendspace and then p.m. folks the link.
I do that all the time to get new aircraft beta test models out to the testers on this site.
HTH
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Re: Repainter, long time lurker, first time poster... 4 years 5 months ago #33010

Please let this drop now

Fictional paints have no place here

There is no comparison to be drawn with Venture as that is a completely separate entity

This is the Britsim area not the Venture area and as such fictitious paints have no place.

The subject on whether of not they should be allowed is NOT for discussion...the admin run the site and make the rules...end of.

Garry

Re: Repainter, long time lurker, first time poster... 4 years 5 months ago #33013

I support the other admins completely.

Whilst we don't have anything against people doing as they please, it's a free world afterall, we at Britsim just don't 'get' fictional paints.

We're not for one second knocking the time it has taken to make them, or the quality, but it's just not something which fits here.

We'll happily host any real world paints you may produce, these look good from a quality point of view.

It's just a policy we have and, in the nicest way possible, it's not negotiable. Hope you understand.

I'm now locking this thread.

Rob.
  • Page: