Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: T1 Autopilot

T1 Autopilot 3 years 11 months ago #34877

Both the airfile and the aircraft.cfg file show an active AP however the aircraft does not respond to any inputs.
Ed Wells, TSgt.(Ret)
301st Fighter Wing
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: T1 Autopilot 3 years 11 months ago #35018

• Miggers
  • Thank you received: 1
Well,I knew the real thing didn't have one fitted,so when Alpha and Beta testing it for
Keith,trying the "autopilot" never occured to me.

The a/c trims out very well indeed to hold altitude and heading without a lot of work
so I actually never even thought of asking Keith whether he'd incorporated it.
I never checked either the air or config files,that was Keith's job(it's his creation),mine
was merely to read the supplied documentation on the real machine and then to
test the model's flight envelope to ensure that it "does what it says on the tin".

I can most certainly assure you,it does exactly what it says on the tin very well indeed.

Mark
CBF Alpha/Beta Test Pilot

CBF Chief Fighter Pilot

IL2 Messerschmitt 109 ace

Holder of the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves,Swords and Diamonds.

Re: T1 Autopilot 3 years 11 months ago #35021

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Hey Falcon

Glad to see you made it over to the "dark" side ;)

Not sure why either -- I know its in the FDE but for sure it DIDNT have an Autopilot.....just like the gent who asked where the radios were.....answer right in the middle of the instrument panel where Keith faithfully copied the original complete with a frequency card for the crystals installed -- Sorry both Keith and David are very prototypical in their modeling -- took me an act of god to get Keith to fit an ADF in his late model Proctor, because in Europe in the 50s and 60s they were NOT that common. Anyway I digress, its a fair question and I think we will let Keith give you the definitive answer - (nice thing about the Pond the devs are ALWAYS here somewhere)

Cheers

Leif
and NOW you know why my avatar os a little green dictator! ;)
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>

Re: T1 Autopilot 3 years 11 months ago #35029

• Keith Paine
  • Thank you received: 4
Welcome Ed to this site. As for the autopilot, its something that I forgot about, a bit like the force feedback figures and entry - (I do not have a force feedback stick, but others might.)
The autopilot is not fitted to the Piston Provost, & the reason that it does not work in the sim is that most values are set at zero in the .cfg file. ( I use a modified .cfg file template that works well for my aircraft.)
HTH
Keith
[edit] You are welcome to substitute other aircraft values & see if it works for you for your own use.
Upside Down In Cloud.....
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Keith Paine.