Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Download problem

Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #34923

I successfully downloaded that wonderful Shackleton last night, but today I have tried to download the recently released Weebee and the Griffon sounds for the Growler without success

The files appeared to download OK and took the normal time, IE 30 seconds for the Weebee and about 45 seconds for the Griffon noises, but when I tried to unzip I got the message that the files were empty or corrupt. Has anyone else had problems or is it just me?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #34924

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Sorry Whitley

Its an on going problem with our servers bandwidth - to this end our gracious host (Rob English) is in the process of moving to an new server which hopefully will improve the download problems -- the files are NOT corrupt but they are not being completely downloaded.

Hang in there , things are looking up

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #34927

Thanks for the quick response Leif. It is handy to know where the problem lies. Saves a lot of work trying to repair a non existent problem.
I don't mind waiting a bit until your bandwith problems are sorted out.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #34928

• Miggers
  • Thank you received: 1
whitley wrote:
Thanks for the quick response Leif. It is handy to know where the problem lies. Saves a lot of work trying to repair a non existent problem.
I don't mind waiting a bit until your bandwith problems are sorted out.

Just to echo a little of what Leif has said whitley.

Rob The Otter is working hard to hook us up with a new server so many thanks to you
for bearing with us as he strives to keep us at the forefront of Fs goodies hosting.

Our current server is in the 'States,so things seem to be getting lost in the virtual post
as it were,the world wide web is so busy these days.

When we host such new machines as Keith's Provost and Rob's Shack,the link across
the water really does struggle to keep up with demand.

So again,thanks for your understanding and sorry for your wait.

Mark
CBF Alpha/Beta Test Pilot

CBF Chief Fighter Pilot

IL2 Messerschmitt 109 ace

Holder of the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves,Swords and Diamonds.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #34937

Just to let you know, I successfully downloaded both files this morning. The entire web network is so much faster in the morning UK time.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #34939

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Thank you Whitley and I hope you enjoy them

We are in the middle of preparing for a move that will make things better for all

Leif

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #34967

Looks like I'll have to sit tight for the Shack - it downloads all right, can get into the file, but there my luck stops.

The files don't copy across at all and the folder won't extract. Major annoyance since I'd like to do a review on both the Shack and the sounds for Mutley's Hangar

Ah well, the best things come to those who wait......

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #34970

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Kieran

Check your email mate

Leif

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #34971

Thanks a lot Leif!

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #34972

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Not a problem
you just have to know where to ask :)

Did you get both?

Leif
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by LeifH.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35016

Yes, thanks Leif - really enjoyed a quick flight out yesterday - the sound of those Griffons around me, with the excellent interior made me almost die - it's so good!!!

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35022

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Rob and Gary and Peter Watkins (the painter) are very very talented men. That is the joy of my job here at the Pond -- I don't model much , I dabble in scenery and sound, but if I do so say , I have a knack of putting the best guys in the hobby together and then sitting back and enjoying the results! Of course we are also blessed with a wealth of knowledge and experience here - I mean where else could you hang out with someone who worked on the development of the TSR2 , two Rolls Royce engineers, The Base Engineer of Qantas's Singapore station (retired) , One of the most accomplish painters in the hobby, (Garry Russell) who inspires other painters, not ONE but two of the bests sets of Ears in the Hobby? Not ONE but two of the best reference sources of things Fleet Air Arm and specifically Supermarine, throw in a couple of European Coppers, a chiropracter, an Upper Midwest Cropduster pilot, a young man from Texas who knows the FS hobby inside out , A gent in Devon who has the most incredible library of Old general aviation and SHARES, a gent from GodZone who is one of the most dedicated researchers , An RAF Armorer who selflessly donated the Pilots notes for many of the models you find here. If I missed anyone - forgive me these guys are in the immortal words of Trap per John...."Finest Kind"

Edit -- Oh yes I did miss a couple -- A designer and modeler of excellent period steam engines who turned his skills to aircraft, assorted ex RAF types , couple of rockers (bikers) a Norwegian instrument man who looks for all the world like Quint from Jaws. And an inveterate Tanker who graces our presences occaionally.

Cheers
and if you need anything else - just holler we will get it to you, who ever you are!

Leif
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by LeifH.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35058

Just a quick request if I may.

Could someone who has previously had download issues try again from the main site and let me know the result here.

I'd appreciate it.

Rob.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35064

I have successfully re-downloaded the WeeBee with no trouble at all. It took about 30 seconds and the pages loaded quicker than usual, of course that could be because it is still mid morning UK time and therefore relatively quiet.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35065

Thank you.

Could I be cheeky and ask if you'd try again this afternoon when things are a bit busier.

I don't have issues with the downloads and therefore can't replicate them. Would you mind being a bit of a guinea pig and testing if I've managed to fix it?

Thanks.

Rob.