Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Download problem

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35087

• GHD
thehappyotter wrote:
I don't have issues with the downloads and therefore can't replicate them. Would you mind being a bit of a guinea pig and testing if I've managed to fix it?

Thank you, you certainly have fixed it :)

Until this evening I have never downloaded a file at the first attempt.

George
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35090

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I just tried to download Peter's new Irish paint for the Provost. I got a screen that said 'File not found'.

I'm sure it's only a temporary blip, but it is one of two files that have been uploaded since the change so I thought it best to mention it.

I guess it's probably to do with admin setting or other?

Best,

Myles
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by myles. Reason: spelling!

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35091

There's a reason for that. I've just had to restore the site from a backup after I accidentally deleted it.

The only two files not backed up were the Irish and Oman Provost.

Peter, if you're reading this, sorry. Would you mind re-uploading.

Rob

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35093

I just read your report over at the 'other' forum.

Never mind - I can wait until Peter re-uploads them.

Thanks for the hard work and I hope it solves the problems that people have had.

Hope you had a good evening with your mates and the slight oops didn't spoil it for you!

Myles

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35094

Cheers Myles. Been a good evening so far, just back at mine with the lads, the beer is still flowing well!

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35102

By the time I managed to get back to my PC last night, the site of off line.
If you want me to try another test tonight, assuming I am back home at a reasonable time, I will have another downloading test session.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35103

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Have at it Whitley
we need as much feedback as we can get

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35105

I am off to Coventry in a few minutes, not to Baginton and the airport and museums, but funnily enough to the Whitley area of the city where AWA's Whitley Abbey factory used to be to meets some friends, then we are off to watch a football match, then we will have a glass or two of lunch before going to the big game of the afternoon.
I hope to back by 9:00 pm when it ought to be nice and busy on line,so it should be a good test.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35109

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
have a good time mate, shame you couldnt go to Bagington they are running the Shackelton today apparently

Leif

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35113

Hotdamn, that is so much better; Auster AOP9 and ALL the repaints downloaded, first time, no blips, no problems.

Thanks Rob, Leif et al. If you don't mind I'll flag what you have done over at the Outhouse, with the appropriate encouragement to contribute to Rob's Strongbow fund (Rob, Strongbow? Really?).

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35114

I am rather partial to the odd can of refreshing bow yes. Nothing better sat out in the sunshine in the middle of summer.

Don't worry, I like classier drinks too! :)

(Although the hangover I have today is putting me off most of them...)

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35116

Congrats, I have been getting download rates that are multiples of those experienced with the ancien regime.

Before anything over 6MB needed a following wind and a quiet early morning to succeed, now I ran up to the single Leonides size of file (15MB or so) without difficulty. Getting carried away I moved on to the twin Leonides sound set - and then hit the wall. I have had about half a dozen or so downloads that ran up to 30,635kb but then the file reports as incomplete. The download rates were even running up to 40-50kb/s right up to the end.

I will try this file at different times to see if the Saturday afternoon traffic is a factor. I have no understanding of the coding or processes involved, but I noticed that the code in the download includes a chk function that some other download sites don't seem to use.

As in : www.britsim.com/index.php?option=com_rem...nc=download&id=1968&

chk=5edbb8d64dea12a60829ca35f7f6c746

&no_html=1

Is this causing more signal traffic between the downloading PC and the host server?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Just a thought. (Abe Lincoln)

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35120

Afraid I have to echo Allan's comments; I tried downloading the Bristol Fighter and it downloaded quickly, giving me an 89.4 mb file, but my system reports it as an invalid archive.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35121

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
Just downloaded the Shack at 250+ kb/sec. on a 20Mb/sec cable.
No problem here - a clean fileset Rob. :) Pity I can't use it - no FSX here.
However, when I tried the Bristol F2B Fighter - it d/l'ed OK with the correct filesize but couldn't be opened.
I then tried the Britannia a 30 MB fileset - no problem, all OK.
Verdict - panic not .
Cheers
Dave M(oly)
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Molyned.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35122

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Just clean downloaded the Bristol Fighter opened up no problem -- but as usual I see a trend -- you are downloading very large files if either host hiccups you have an incomplete download - keep trying

And Allan -- I pulled a clean copy for the Twin Leo sound set in 90 secs......its the middle of the day on a Saturday and Im downloading from Wifi on my laptop so I am as usual Flummoxed -- personally my feeling is you and Andy have reached the capabilities of your computers......by the way did either of you tip our host???

Leif
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by LeifH.