Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Download problem

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35123

• GHD
Downloaded Bristol Scout, no problem

George
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35124

LeifH wrote:
-- personally my feeling is you and Andy have reached the capabilities of your computers......

Leif

Not sure I follow that Leif, although your comment about hiccups may be a pointer. Smaller files downloaded quickly, with no issues (files that were causing problems on Thursday); it is the larger files that seem to be a factor for myself, Allan and Dave M (who reported the same result as me). But I have no problems downloading large files elsewhere; last night I downloaded 9 Dragons Hong Kong files from Flightsim, 3 of those were an equivalent size to the Brisfit. Could Allan's comment about the chk function have some relevance?

And I have just tried to download the Brisfit again, same 89.4 mb file, same result.

LeifH wrote:
......by the way did either of you tip our host???

Leif

Yes, although I did also question his taste in cider. :laugh:

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35125

Nowt wrong with bow!

There are clearly a few issues still left over, I'll keep playing.

Seems to have improved massively though, a start I guess.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35126

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
True Rob

Andy

I meant basically that f anything hiccups during the download you get an incomplete file. not sure about the odd messages -- Im sorry I dont get them, even using my "mystery shopper" screen name. As usual
while Rob does the impossible on the hardware side I will continue to offer anyone who cannot get a file that we will find a way to satisfy there needs.

and as flattering as it is to be compared to Flightsim we have neither there power or resources, or for that matter their huge library, however we do have one thing -- The Largest library of things British and Aviation on the web.

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35127

Totally agree Leif, which is why I'm trying to help iron out the last few wrinkles.

Rob, I'm a Blackthorn man myself (actually I'm a Guinness man, but when I'm drinking cider ...) or, if it is the right sort of pub, a scrumpy man. If pushed I will drink Magners (but without ice, whose stupid idea was that), that Kopperberga stuff or, yes, Strongbow. But never, never, Woodpecker!!!

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35128

I'm off scrumpy after being sick all over the platform at Loughborough train station last month...

Was a fun night though :)

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35129

Ah, we've all been sick at Loughborough at some point in our lives!!

I used to live in Peterborough for a few years, and my local there served a scrumpy from a plastic barrel; you couldn't see the other side of your glass when it was poured - good stuff, but you couldn't do more than 3 pints without risk of blindness.

BTW may have a few things to upload myself shortly. :)

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35131

I am seeing double at the moment and it is nothing to do with booze, more's the pity!, but I have just downloaded a couple of files with no problems at all at 10:25 pm BST. I don't feel like doing any more at the moment.

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35134

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
All this talk of Cider is making me thirsty.

And this is again one of the things I love about the Pond how threads just sort of meander.....Andy we all appriecate the help here.....and for someone who has puked in the best of places - At least I havnt done my wifes trick and managed to throw up in ornamental coy pool in the lobby of the Grand Wailea resort in Maui!!

Leif

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35145

Having returned to the land of the living, I successfully downloaded 7 files simultaneously this afternoon at around 3:15. Three of the files were in excess of 100mb, one under 10mb.

I have to conclude that during three days of downloading whatever improvements you have made to the site, they have worked.
I have not encountered a single problem (if you exclude the self inflicted oops that caused). In the past I would have encountered one of several problems downloading that amount of files.

I did however have a problem with the forum. I posted a message that did not appear. I am not aware of making a mistake, but having written a reply and clicked on 'submit', my post did not appear.

Many thanks for a brilliant site

Whitley (Richard)

Re: Download problem 3 years 11 months ago #35147

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Richard

Thank you very much for your input and work -- glad you can download everything you want. Rob has (and still is) worked very hard to get everything transfered - I will tell you and the other faithful members of the Ponds population, look for some excellent changes in the near future AND some wonderful new models from our excellent development group. meanwhile we will be replaceing some of the "lost" files from the hack last year and the change over to our new home. Some wonderful repaints by Peter Watkins, a couple of older models, So thanks again

And I HATE to sound trite and repetitive but a few coins in the Donation box will help defray Robs costs, We will never charge for registration or the ability to download - No "donation ware" and we are trying to keep advertising to a minimum.

Thanks for patronising the Pond - we all hope you enjoy the gifts we have been able to assemble

Leif