Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX)

HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX) 3 years 11 months ago #35047

Hello everybody,

I seem to have got my FSX Acceleration in a bit of a pickle. Given my somewhat limited knowledge and skills concerning the software I have perhaps over reached myself. I suspect in my hurry to download a number of types that may perhaps not be fully compatible with my installation (Canberra being one) I seem to have introduced a bit of a bug affecting certain types. My Twin Pioneer has been reduced to little more than a skeleton with most of the fuselage panels missing (good view of the cargo though :laugh: ) and the panel devoid of instruments; but it flies OK. I had a similar problem with the Meteor NF14 (fantastic model) that I have since, in an attempt to reduce my problems, removed. My Hastings is fine but for the panel that is now all black, as in fact are all of the cockpit interior surfaces and more or less the same with the DH 91 Albatross. Can anybody point to what may be the problem and what a solution might be for somebody with limited software skills :S Any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance / Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX) 3 years 11 months ago #35048

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Hello Dave

Im no expert with FSX but first and foremost are youi running SP2 with Acceleration?

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>

Re: HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX) 3 years 11 months ago #35050

Hello Dave,
If you are using 'FSX acceleration' the first thing to try is deleating the FSX cfg. file found at this address, puting in your own user name.
\\ROBERT-PC\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX the best way is to just remove it to a spare folder (drag and drop).
(please make sure you have identified this file correctly)
When you fire up FSX again this file will simply be rebuilt by the program.
You will then be back to the default flight and aircraft, just load your own saved flight and save as default.
If this does not do the trick, remove all addon aircrft and re-install them one by one.
Let us know how you get on.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by robcarrich.

Re: HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX) 3 years 11 months ago #35060

Thanks for a quick reply Leif. I'm sorry, can you clarify which SP you refer to; for the OS or for acceleration ? Sorry but I'm not very up to speed in the software world. Cheers/Dave

Re: HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX) 3 years 11 months ago #35062

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Dave

its the Version of FSX SP2 - Acceleration

It seems Rob has given you a defintive answer below

Hope all works out

and thanks for grabbing the best freeware available :)

Leif

Re: HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX) 3 years 11 months ago #35096

Leif/Rob,

OK Guys, you both gave pointers in the direction FS Acceleration direction. I was unable to locate the file Rob gave but dwelling on the pointers provided decided to try a repair of FSX Accel' which, to a point at least worked and I had my Twin Pin back complete and Panels in others looking good. There were new problems however, program locking etc. so tried uninstalling Accel' then doing a fresh install which seems to have worked. I now need once more download quite a few types and that can be challenging with the known Britsim server issue plus my somewhat sorry internet connection here in the Philippines. Not to worry, it's mostly a question of time and patience. Thanks for the valuable pointer !!!

Cheers/Dave

Re: HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX) 3 years 11 months ago #35097

• Rich
Dave,
where in the Philippines are you, I am in Las Pinas on a PLDT DSL connection and it works
OK, The problem of incomplete downloads is now fixed I think.
Rich R

Re: HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX) 3 years 11 months ago #35098

Rich,

I'm close to Las Pinas, BF Homes. Currently using Destiny cable connection (very mixed performance of late). Out of town (which is generally more often) I use a Globe Tattoo dongle

Dave

Re: HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX) 3 years 11 months ago #35099

• Rich
Dave, I am in BF Resort Village about 100 meters from the club house.
Rich R

Re: HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX) 3 years 11 months ago #35100

OK, am familiar with that area though a while since was there. We should get together sometime; I'm little busy next few days but can find time sometime soon.

Re: HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX) 3 years 11 months ago #35361

G'day Dave,
Why did you need to acquire new downloads? Whenever I have removed any version including FSX, my add-on aircraft have always survived. I also keep all the zip files in case of hard disk failure. Cheers, Mike

Re: HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX) 3 years 11 months ago #35362

G'day Leif,
Just a thought, but if you really ARE the Mekon, as your avatar suggests, why do you need to simulate flying - I've never seen you separate from your little flying saucer! Cheers, Mike

Re: HELP REQUESTED with Software Issues (FSX) 3 years 11 months ago #35363

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Well Mike
I used the Mekon avatar because I am a heartless mean dictator when it comes to the website -- just ask anyone!!

Leif