Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Textures...DDS??

Re: Textures...DDS?? Seems to be fixed 4 years 4 months ago #35319

• Rich
The main thing in acceleration for me is the ability to do catapult launches and arrested landings
on and off aircraft carriers, the extra planes are removed, the racing is never used, only the F18
Gauges are kept.

SP2 will not give you carrier ability
Rich R
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airspeed

Re: Textures...DDS?? Seems to be fixed 4 years 4 months ago #35327

• Airspeed
G'day Rich,
Thanks for that info. catapults and catchers sound very interesting. Glad to hear that you're not into that F18 stuff, you miss all the scenery going that fast. I have signed up a Microsoft buying account, and will probably buy the big A. It may have to wait a bit, as the engine in my 1982 Mitsubishi L300 finally gave up in a rather catastrophic fashion this afternoon, so it's sitting on the roadside about 30km away. Great to hear from you, rather intrigued by your Welsh dragon. I'm trying to relocate my pen pal of many years who lived in Pentwyn, and was also a kind of Rich, he being Richard. Hope things are good in the Phillipines, cheers, Mike
I used to think I was stupid, but I realised it was silly.
Cheers, Mike

Re: Textures...DDS?? Seems to be fixed 4 years 4 months ago #35328

• Rich
Hi Mike, one plane you could get away with on a moving carrier without accel
is The Swordfish start the take off run from the stern lift off around 65 kts but delay until 75 would be better, climb very slowly and you should be ok, landing you will have no arrestor but the brakes should stop you before you fall in the water.

Click on the link at the bottom of my posts to see the carriers and aircraft available from Flying Stations

Robs models also good carrier planes but a bit fast and heavy for landing with no arrester
and to heavy for take off without cat assistance.

The Welsh Dragon is because I am Welsh retired and living in the Philippines.

Where is Pentwyn ??

Rich because my name is Richard initials R.R
Rich R
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Rich.

Re: Textures...DDS?? Seems to be fixed 4 years 4 months ago #35336

• Rich
Mike , found Pentwyn looks like a suburb of Cardiff now it's about 20 miles or so from my home town

While I think about it you can use Harriers and Helicopters on carriers no cat or arrestor required.

If you are interested in carrier work Rob has a few more excellent carrier aircraft Sea Hornet F20 plus the F21 Night fighter Sea Hornet, Sea Venoms and a couple more Gannet models all in the library here

Rich
Rich R
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Rich.
  • Page: