Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3

Re: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3 3 years 10 months ago #35616

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Andrew

my apologies for being a little short. However you need to understand a few things.

1/. I have helped manage the site since day one, I spend alot of time gratis keeping things running.
2/. The original server had problems - which Rob English solved by moving the site to another server,
which we believed solved the problems. Obviously there is still download problems in South Africa.
3/. IF you have 36 years of experience in the IT industry you might have considered the fact that the
"corrupt file" message comes from a short load - and the first thing you would have done was checked the downloaded size against the published file size.

4/. For my failings I am a little agressive with people who post on the other forums that there
are "corrupt files" at Britsim, You at least had the courtesy to come here first and ask. Many
do not, its a pet peeve with me.

5/. If you had asked if the was another method of getting the Griffon download, I would have posted the link WITHOUT comment as I have done many times in the past

Leif
(And yes I am British I just live where the money is)
I just noticed that you reposted on the direct comments on the download WHY?
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by LeifH.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3 3 years 10 months ago #35619

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
Andrew -
Here's another link to the Shackleton main fileset just downloaded & checked by me.
www.sendspace.com/file/2pnnin this is where I usually put stuff for private sharing.
I haven't included the AI version because a post earlier-on said 'don't' suggesting - er, something or other:unsure:
You mentioned pings and things - not my thing - I'm just an old aircraft builder here and have nothing to do with the back office stuff like that.
BTW - I can't actually test to see if the aircraft works correctly because I don't run FSX+Acceleration.
HTH
Cheers
Dave M(oly)
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Molyned.

Re: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3 3 years 10 months ago #35620

Hi Leif

I accept and agree with your points wholeheartedly, and apology is accepted as likewise you accept mine. As a further point, the AVCom website I referred to, I have had a fallout with them over their manners, inaccurate and sometimes downright rude replies and netiquette. They wanted to ban me from the forums, but I know some of them personally and they helped resolve the dispute as are we here.

S.A. does not have many in this hobby so we bump into each other on occasion in club meets and get togethers. It's always a good reason to keep one's nose clean. As I indicated in an earlier post, I call a spade a spade.

Point 3/. I did but the strange thing is, the files are indicating their size as per the published file size indicated in KB's. so it could be the bytes difference not showing. The unzip program/s ignore the entire damaged file, and I found that the file was up to 5MB smaller once unzipped. But this was happening randomly, so had me back peddling.

Point 4/. I am the same at times but tend to bite my tongue as much as I can, and I too do not tolerate fools easily. What is it about a cup filled to over capacity, that's me I take a lot but once I spill over I tend to run away at full RPM.

Point 5/. My failing, I was so focussed on trying to find where the issue was and getting a working file that I "forgot" the easiest and most important question, could I have another link please. And I am asking if you could supply another link for the main shack file and the AI one, as posted in a previous post. i have found some more CRC errors.

Lastly my ancestry is British too (Scottish and Irish with a touch of French, to get right down to the point) but my great grand family settled here as far back as 1795, as part of Lord Charles Somerset's household (one of the governer's of the Cape) I have learned over the years. This from my Dad's side. My Mom is a Brighton lass, emigrated here in 1957 after meeting my dad when he served in the Royal Navy in S.A. and was docked in Southampton, and married him. The rest is history as she came here and became a citizen.

Glad to have cleared the air and hope to have a good relationship with this site in the future. And man have we blown this post.

Regards
Andrew Brown

Re: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3 3 years 10 months ago #35621

Thanks Dave

I am downloading it as I type. I can test it as I have both FS9 and FSX, once I have the files I working order. I thought the AI version had downloaded fine, as I had posted earlier, but alas I found out it had not.

Yes apologies, this is my world and tools that I can and do use to help find problems. Thanks for the help though. As you can see Leif and I are clearing the air, some cooling down of our hot heads.

Regards
Andrew

Re: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3 3 years 10 months ago #35622

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Andrew

One thing you will find is we are not terribly Politically correct -- Threads wander where they may.
so we dont do the "Stay on thread" crap it doesnt matter as long as people get what they want out of it.

Its basically the same way the Devs work - We have been fortunate to have a group of very very talented and dedicated Developers who work tirelessly to produce some brilliant aircraft. They come and go as they wish, there are no deadlines or pressure, people work on superb models quite literally for years (Garry Russells brilliant CL44 is a very good example, as is Paul Gausdens Luton Minor). What the group provides is one huge data base and knowledge of the industry -- (you would be surprised to know how many of the folks around here have solid real world experience of the industry specifically in England, we have "trawlers" who bring so much data for models its amazing , also we have two particular gents who have bulit wonderful reference libraries and share them with developers and hobbyists alike. We have also attracted some incredible sets of ears, who have produced some incredible sound sets, in fact the impetus for
Rob Richardson's Shack was the Griffon sound file that Gary Jones built.

Why am I such a pit bull? Simple -- we have managed to build over seven years probably the most diverse library of things British for Fs9/FSX anywhere on the web, secondly through cajoling, prodding and threatening with large sharp objects we have managed to get models built that otherwise would not have exsisted.

and finally I just noticed you offered a donation, On behalf of Rob English our gracious host
I thank you, it will go to a good cause --- providing him with Strong Bow cider;)

Leif

Re: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3 3 years 10 months ago #35623

Hi Dave

Don't believe this but your link is indicating to me that the file cannot be found.

Connection closed by remote server

Check that the address is spelled correctly, or try searching for the site.
Search with Google Search

sendspace
sendspace search
sendspace reviews
sendspace limit
sendspace anime
sendspace wizard
sendspace virus
sendspace alternative
sendspace safe
sendspace pro

Re: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3 3 years 10 months ago #35624

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Files is right there Andrew - I just popped the link and the Shack download is mid way down the page

Leif

Re: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3 3 years 10 months ago #35627

Leif

This is baffling. What browser you using. I generally use Opera, but have now tried Firefox and busy with IE. IE just hung at the moment. But both Firefox and Opera go to the Sendspace page with the error I posted.

Re: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3 3 years 10 months ago #35629

Screwbottle wrote:
Leif

This is baffling. What browser you using. I generally use Opera, but have now tried Firefox and busy with IE. IE just hung at the moment. But both Firefox and Opera go to the Sendspace page with the error I posted.

Hi Leif

OK, finally got it to work, purged the caches and it loaded the web page correctly for me to click on the "download file" option. Now in progress. Ayi yai yai, finally.

Re: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3 3 years 10 months ago #35640

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
Phew ! good, glad you've got it.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)
now - back to tidying up my latest Auster.;)

Re: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3 3 years 10 months ago #35654

• Miggers
  • Thank you received: 1
Screwbottle wrote:
Screwbottle wrote:
Leif

Hi Leif

OK, finally got it to work, purged the caches and it loaded the web page correctly for me to click on the "download file" option. Now in progress. Ayi yai yai, finally.

If it hasn't played the white man for you Andrew please shout up and I'll d/l and u/l it for you
to have a go at.

BTW,a Scot,Irish and French in the mix :blink: ,jeez man,no wonder you're a bit,shall we say,
"reactive" ;)
All the best and don't be a stranger.

Mark
CBF Alpha/Beta Test Pilot

CBF Chief Fighter Pilot

IL2 Messerschmitt 109 ace

Holder of the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves,Swords and Diamonds.

Re: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3 3 years 10 months ago #35658

Miggers wrote:
a Scot,Irish and French in the mix :blink: ,jeez man,no wonder you're a bit,shall we say, "reactive" ;)
Mark

I didn't know that Lief had Celtic ancestry. Explains a lot mind.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Just a thought. (Abe Lincoln)

Re: Problem with zip file of downloaded Shackleton MR3 3 years 10 months ago #35659

• Miggers
  • Thank you received: 1
Not Leif Allan,the other guy.
CBF Alpha/Beta Test Pilot

CBF Chief Fighter Pilot

IL2 Messerschmitt 109 ace

Holder of the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves,Swords and Diamonds.
  • Page: