Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AI Shackleton

AI Shackleton 3 years 10 months ago #35643

Hi All

New kid on the block so be gentle with me, on to the question. I have installed FSX + Acceleration, Horizon VFR Scenery, UK 2000 Airports and Traffic X. I have been having a great time flying up and down the Irish Sea keeping close to the coast with Rob's simply superb Shackleton and ohhh the sound of those Griffins thanks to Gary Jones. It brings back lovely memories of having the good fortune to have a couple of Air Experience Flights whilst I was in the ATC. Anyway I digress I though as I mostly takeoff and hit the ground at St Mawgan I would try to get the AI Shackleton on a flight plan with Traffic X, it appears OK but, on landing it does what I can only describe as a good impression of Ann Widdecombe on steroids bouncing all over the shop. It doesn't stop when parked, so what have I done wrong is there a setting I am missing.

Thanks in advance
Rich
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: AI Shackleton 3 years 10 months ago #35652

Hello Rich,
I can only assume it is something to do with Traffic X.
I use ‘AI Flight planner’ By Don Grovestine myself and have never had a problem, it’s free and so easy to use, available on most download sites.
aifp2121.zip from Flightsim.

Rob R

Re: AI Shackleton 3 years 10 months ago #35666

Hi Rob

Thanks for that tried it this morning and works like a charm, the old girl takes on and lands beautifully. Will soon have a squadron of em at St Mawgan.:woohoo:

Once again thanks for a superb aircraft.

Cheers
Rich

P.S.
Just in case anyone is interested here's a couple of links on You-Tube which I found very helpful for using the AI program.

The following user(s) said Thank You: LeifH

Re: AI Shackleton 3 years 10 months ago #35671

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Cheers Rich

Im going to sticky this thread so folks can find it

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>

Re: AI Shackleton 3 years 10 months ago #35712

Hi
Good plan Leif I hope it helps someone. Now I have another couple of related questions. Firstly what's involved in converting a FSX plane to AI. I have managed to add several flight plans but can't help but feel that using non AI aircraft is using a lot of resources. Second query, is it possible to specify a parking place at the airport for AI aircraft at the moment they are scattered all over the place.

Cheers Rich