Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Auster_A2-45 problem

Auster_A2-45 problem 3 years 10 months ago #35694

• jinx
I have downloaded and flown the Auster_A2-45 for fs9 made by David Molyneaux--a very nice addon for which David is to be congratulated. I have most of his a/c and they are all great...
However, on landing each time the tail wheel sits buried in the runway or in the ground and I wonder if this is an inherent fault in the addon. On take off it comes out again and if I land on the same runway ahead and stop it lies buried again. I have tried 4-5 times in various airfields, and the same thing happened each time. Let me add that I have added the C172 Autopilot settings and function to the a/c, but these flights were done without the AP on. However I do wonder if that has something to do with it and plan to fly the original ac cfg as it was to see if that tail wheel burial still happens.
Any suggestions will be welcome.

Nick
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by jinx. Reason: mistake
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Auster_A2-45 problem 3 years 10 months ago #35699

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi Nick
I've just tested the A2/45 with take-offs and landings and find that here the contact points are OK.
Can't comment on whether the added autopilot is altering anything - would be strange though.
One thing I have found is that various sim-setups sometimes produce very small variations but nothing as large as you describe.
My best suggestion is for you the adjust the contact point height of the rear wheel to suit your set-up. That's this line - point.0 = 1, -18.0, 0, -1.89, 1200, 0, 0.42, 60, 0.3, 2.5, 0.4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
It's the -1.89 figure you need to play with. I'm assuming you're familiar with such aircraft.cfg changes as you've managed to add an autopilot.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Re: Auster_A2-45 problem 3 years 10 months ago #35703

• jinx
:) Thank you Dave for your prompt reply.

I will try to fix that tailwheel setting and see if I manage it and will report back.

By the way, I loved that nice touch of the plaque at upper port side of the frame where one clicks and gets the GPS or ATC and may incorporate it to some panels if it is a gauge that works in other panels (which it may well be).

Thanks again,

Nick

Re: Auster_A2-45 problem 3 years 10 months ago #35704

• jinx
:) :) Dave,

I fixed the problem thanks to your help. The figure in question was changed to -1.95 and now the a/c sits correctly on the tail wheel.

Thanks again for your help

Best Regards,

Nick
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by jinx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeifH

Re: Auster_A2-45 problem 3 years 10 months ago #35705

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
If that works for you Nick - then that's another problem solved :)
Most (all?) of my aircraft feature a similar plaque instead of the traditional icons. Most of those should be transferable although some of the names might not work correctly being coded for specific pop-up panels. The A.T.C. and G.P.S. sections should be OK as those are standard codes.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Re: Auster_A2-45 problem 3 years 10 months ago #35743

• jinx
:)

Thanks David,

I will try to add a plaque to some plane's 2d.

Nick