Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: + Leif Harding+

+ Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35747

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
It's with a heavy heart and deepest regret that we have to announce the death of Leif.
As the front man of this site, he was alway there to help queries and reply to comments in his own enthusiastic personal manner.
Behind the scenes he was always there to inspire and cajole us to greater effort.
He leaves a wife and son.
His absence from the FlightSim community will be greatly missed, no more so than amongst us who counted him as our good friend.
Rest in peace Leif ...
Dave M(oly)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thehappyotter, Miggers, jadan64, simondix, st george, dmcgud, wildecoyote, NorthernKnight, HawkOne, sknepper and this user have 4 others thankyou

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35751

• Miggers
  • Thank you received: 1
I can only echo Dave's words,a very,very sad day in the history of
Classic British Files,now Britsim.

It seems a long,long time ago that Leif thanked me via a PM over on CBFS
simply because I'd backed him up over an online argument(he never,ever had those :whistle: )
with someone about Rick Piper's 748.

The next PM I had from him was over a bit of a website that was being set up basically
to host a few british flightsim downloads and Leif's small virtual airline
by a bloke named Rob English.
He wanted to know if I could fly a small twin-Dart turboprop(the 748),would I be interested
in helping him to get his small airline going and would I be a moderator on that website.

I told him that I was usually a piston fighter pilot,but sure,I'd have a go.
There was Leif,a guy called Jetset(long since gone from the Fs world)and me.
We flogged 748's all over Hawaii for months to make it work and,well,as they say,
the rest is history.

He loved the annual CBF/Britsim on-line air races and fly-in that I organise.
He was thrilled to bits that I chose Hawaii for the first one and his "virtual" pad
on one of the islands,"The Ranch"as the venue for one of the races scheduled
that evening(The Unlimiteds).
Leif appointed himself ATC for the fly-in,pace and chase for the first race(the 748's)
flying his favorite Spit,G-ASJV aka MH434.
I was to fly pace and chase for the Unlimiteds,Leif was touched when I picked the
A&AEE red and white Gloster Javelin FAW 9 to fly as a nod to him and his father.

He was also like a naughty schoolboy when I gave him the kite I was going to race
in the Unlimiteds myself,the fearsome Supermarine Seafang F.32.
Leif had a go in it and said"Wow,that thing is fast"

I know his "flying" pc was on the blink,so he couldn't quite get as much stick time on the
alpha and beta models that we have at present on our plates as he'd have liked too.
The "next big thing"he was planning was a nice AI package to go with Dave Moly's
RAF Syerston,I'd sent him a Gloster Javelin(the type closest to his heart)and a deH Vampire
T.11 to include in it,knowing Leif,it would have been superb.

Let's hope whatever it was that took the special life of this great man and special friend to
all the Fs community,was very quick and painless.

My sincerest condolences go out to dear Stacey and young Tag,the hole in their skies
will be massive at this time.

Mark
CBF Alpha/Beta Test Pilot

CBF Chief Fighter Pilot

IL2 Messerschmitt 109 ace

Holder of the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves,Swords and Diamonds.
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Miggers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jadan64

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35752

A tragic loss to his family at the start of a new life on the West Coast.

We spoke on the phone when I was passing through Vegas last year, but couldn't meet up because of a sudden flight commitment for him - he still found time to suggest things to see round town.

A larger than life character in every way,even at his grumpiest he would do what he could to help others.

Sincere condolences to his wife and son who meant the world to him.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Just a thought. (Abe Lincoln)

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35753

A sad loss, Leif was never less than helpful & encouraging to me; I know I will miss him, so how much worse will it be for you guys who were close to him & have worked with him for so long. And most of all at this time, my thoughts are with his wife & his family.

I know Leif's contribution here was invaluable, and probably incalcuable; Rob et al, if I can be of any service to you in keeping Britsim going please do not hesitate to ask.

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35754

• dhasdell
What very sad news. I always found him friendly and helpful, and grateful for even the smallest of contributions. I hope Britsim will live on as his memorial.

David H.
Rats! Why won't anything work properly first time?

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35755

From the Land Downunder He will be missed.

Brian.H

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35756

i still remember doing an Air Turas Douglas C-54 for him years ago, gotta be around the 2005/6 mark... lost touch for a while then regained touch, Leif was a truly great guy, always there to help, offer advice, even if sometimes you didn't like the advice you still respected him... to me Leif was a great friend, one i would regularly chat to about all things British Aviation related, and the first person i turned to for advice on paints... i told him less than a week ago to expect a bucketload of TSR2's shortly... and in light of this i've got every mind to dedicate the pack in his memory, and have it only available here... gone but never forgotten...

Blue Skies and Fair Winds Buddy, already we're all missing you! :(
'Utrinque Paratus'
FS9/FSX Repainter and General Nut-Case!

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35759

• Rich
Bit of a shock logging on to this news, My sympathies and condolences to Leif's Wife and Family.

Rich Ruscoe

RyDraiggoch My avtar will be a reminder
Rich R
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Rich.

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35760

• Fors
Shocking to open the Brit Sim site and see the first page.

This will leave a big empty space in the Flightsim world.

My sincerest condolences to Leif s Wife and Family.

Lars Fors

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35761

My sincesrest condolences to Leifs family and friends. When ever i asked a question Leif was always able to answer it, when ever i needed flightsim help Leif was there, when ever i posted a video Leif would always post a nice comment. He will be missed from all of us in the flightsim community.

Bigcringe.

R.I.P Leif.

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35764

Leif will be missed by all who knew him and who was helped by him, myslef included. He rapidly answered quieries on downloads (my first post was on download problems), he answered immeditaly. Then, as he contacted me on Garry's CL-44, he spent quite a bit of time to get me access, and to send Shackleton download link.

I wish his family well in this difficult time, and Leif will be missed by the whole flight sim community, not just those here at BritSim

Personally, I'm shocked by the news and hope that Leif enjoyed his time here

A final, heartfelt thanks Leif

Kieran

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35766

Not been around here for very long, but long enough to realise that Leif was one of the great guys.

My deepest condolences to Leif's family.

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35767

• Erik
  • Thank you received: 2
Erik here
Extreemly sad to hear of LEIF,s Passing
I t was only the last couple of weeks, that I had a chat with him on these pages.
Rest in peace LEIF.

Erik

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35769

The flightsim community has lost a great friend and innovator. His name was always cropping up whenever a really good download became available. He gave us so much pleasure with his work.
My sincere condolences to his family and close firends.

Re: + Leif Harding+ 3 years 10 months ago #35770

• Keith Paine
  • Thank you received: 4
He was truly inspirational & had the knack to encourage people to go beyond their capabilities.
A spade was also a spade, but a silver plated one!
At least 3 of my creations were due to his suggestions.
He is sadly missed & we were just communicating in the last few days where it transpired that his father & I must have worked within a few drawing boards of each other on the C5A Galaxy wing in Southall in the 60's....
Sincere condolences to Stacey & Tag.
Rest in Peace Leif.
Keith
Upside Down In Cloud.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: jadan64
  • Page: