Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: carrier flight

carrier flight 3 years 10 months ago #35855

Hi ,first let me say how sad i was to hear Leif had passed away,a great loss to our hobby. My request is simple does anyone know the way that i can place an aircraft (skysim seavixen or maybe a gannet) onto a carrier deck(Ark royal or which ever) and fly a mission in Free Flight in Fsx,without first landing on.Thanks for your help regards Mike
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: carrier flight 3 years 10 months ago #35864

• Miggers
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello Mike.

Leif would've pointed you straight in my direction.

Anyway,a particular deck should show up in your Fs "airports" and you should be
parked at an "active runway"(a cat.)or one of the "parking places"(Fly 1,2,3,etc)
once you select that location to start from.

You can either launch directly,or taxi to a cat.

Dont forget though,you'll need Rob Barengt's "Carrier Gauge" installed and set up plus
your aircraft at the correct launch weight otherwise you'll not reach flying speed by
the time you "run out of road" and end up in Oggin(Martin-Baker/Irvin GCA let-down required).

The Skysim Vixen is good because it gives you flying speed/launch weight calculations and
landing weight/airspeed/ROD calculations for shot and trap back aboard.

Set it up right and it pretty much flies itself onto the deck.

Mark
CBF Alpha/Beta Test Pilot

CBF Chief Fighter Pilot

IL2 Messerschmitt 109 ace

Holder of the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves,Swords and Diamonds.

Re: carrier flight 3 years 10 months ago #35865

• Rich
and fly a mission in Free Flight in Fsx ,without first landing on.Thanks for your help regards Mike

Miggers you missed the FSX bit, a bit more involved there is no drop down menu with a particular deck should show up in your Fs "airports" carriers are not listed as airports in FSX Accel are moving not a fixed location, as far as I know you can set up a static scenery carrier with a AFCAD to give you a static location and use the cat and arrester gauges but not much point with carriers/ aircraft with built in launch and arrester capability.

fly a mission in Free Flight in Fsx, unsure but I think it will take a bit of work unless you can get hold of a saved flight that someone has set up.
Rich R
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Rich.

Re: carrier flight 3 years 10 months ago #35902

• dhasdell
  • Thank you received: 1
You can doing it by saving a flight when you are on deck, and then editing the line in the FLT file from SimOnGround=True to SimOnGround=False. I think. I don't think simply resaving an existing Cessna flight with a Swordfish will work, as it automatically saves the line as "true" again.

David H.
Rats! Why won't anything work properly first time?
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by dhasdell.