Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft

where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35889

I have really enjoyed the simpl;e vampire that was made maily for fs2002 but works in FS2004 for a while now but, they look a little different to the real world ones... so with the freeware vampire or possibly the alphasim (if i can find it) vampire i have a few painting requests

AA-P from the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum
U1213 (NX935HW) that will be part of the Jet Aircraft Museum soon.
NZ5712 (RNZAF Markings out of NZNP in NZ)
if i can find the ohter REG # from the other Vamp at NZNP

my idea is to have a few of these set up as AI!!

thanks...ill see what i can do with images
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35901

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
Sorry - no early takers yet. :(
Regards
Dave M(oly)

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35907

• Rich
There is this one here in the library I am not sure what you had before.

www.britsim.com/index.php?option=com_rem...unc=fileinfo&id=1642

As far as I know Alphasim never released a freeware Vampire of any sort, the one they had was the 2 seat trainer version maybe it is the one you are thinking of, the Vampire fighter was single seat so there is a difference in cockpit shape and size ? is this what looks different to you ?

The Alphasim payware version is still available I believe under their new trade name Virtavia.

A search of the library here for Vampire here will also turn up Vampires by robcarrich which are for FSX only and no good for you if you are Fs 2004 only

Rich Ruscoe
Rich R
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Rich.

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35919

actually after testing another j28 that exists on some swedish site, i think that the alpha sim/virtavia is too much...

www.rbdesign.se/download/flygplan/J28B.zip

i also noticed that the NZ5712 is already here in the library but, and i say but, is made for the alphasim j28 could it not be converted to this j28 as stated above? and all others painted on this same one as well??

thanks

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35928

• Rich
darrenvox wrote:
actually after testing another j28 that exists on some swedish site, i think that the alpha sim/virtavia is too much...

You will Find I think the j28 on this site and " another j28 that exists on some swedish site" are the same one.

j28 is the designation for the Swedish version as opposed to DH100 Vampire Mk whatever for the RAF with F or FB added to differentiate between Fighter or Fighter bomber there was also a 2 seat trainer version, this was done by Alphasim Vampire T11 I think not j28

i also noticed that the NZ5712 is already here in the library but, and i say but, is made for the alphasim j28 could it not be converted to this j28 as stated above? and all others painted on this same one as well??

thanks

Where is "i also noticed that the NZ5712" is already here in the library but, and i say but, is made for the alphasim j28" I can't find it.

Conversion would depend on a lot of things !!!!!!!!
Rich R

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35929

• Rich
Still have'nt found "also noticed that the NZ5712" is already here in the library but, and i say but, is made for the alphasim j28". ( alphasim j28 = no such model )

However googling turns up a paint for the Alphasim T55 Vampire NZ5712 done by UKMIL so I think you can forget conversion as you are talking about 2 entirely different models a single seat fighter the
j28 Swedish model and the 2 seat T11 trainer version.

T55 Vampire NZ5712 was originally a Swiss Air Force trainer sold of when retired and found its way to New Zealand where it was given the fictious reg of NZ5712.

So you have 2 choices as far as I can see = use the Alphasim T11 which is the correct model, the T55 is a designation identifying a model sold to a foreign country.

Choice 2 IF you can get someone to do it is have the single seat fighter painted as NZ5712.

Rich
Rich R

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35937

• Rich
Both these aircraft are ex Swiss trainers T11 in English

U1213 (NX935HW) that will be part of the Jet Aircraft Museum soon.
NZ5712 (RNZAF Markings out of NZNP in NZ)

AA-P from the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum is a ex Swiss Airforce single seat FB 6 in English, It was repainted as a RCAF Vampire F3

The Swedish j28 Vampire I think is the equivalent of the British F3 which will look different to AA-P which was a later model.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong.

The Alphasim model is nearest to what you are looking for, as far as I know no suitable FB6 model is available.
Rich R

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35956

The freeware Vampire orginially by Roger Hardy, found in a variety of places either as the J28 or the Vampire F3, is not a Mark 3!

The Mk 3 had the original longer span wing inherited from the Mk 1, whereas this model has the clipped wing of the FB5. Rob's Vampires in FSX are magnificent, but still room for nore Vamps in FS9 - maybe it's time for me to grab that source file and dust off FSDS ...... :laugh:

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35959

Roger Hardys Vampires and Venoms were state of the art in their day.
I still use them now as AI, and with the source files available they can easily be compiled as static models.

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35960

robcarrich wrote:
Roger Hardys Vampires and Venoms were state of the art in their day.
I still use them now as AI, and with the source files available they can easily be compiled as static models.

Yes, I agree, they are still nice looking models; tried exporting one of the Venom's as a scenery model, got a weird error message - but I'm definitely going to give it another try. And I wasn't totally joking about dusting off FSDS, it may be the only way to get a better selection of Vampires & Venoms for us luddites.

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35969

• Rich
Andy check this download it is not the Roger Hardy model

www.britsim.com/index.php?option=com_rem...unc=fileinfo&id=1642

AndyG43 wrote:
The freeware Vampire orginially by Roger Hardy, found in a variety of places either as the J28 or the Vampire F3, is not a Mark 3!

The Mk 3 had the original longer span wing inherited from the Mk 1, whereas this model has the clipped wing of the FB5. Rob's Vampires in FSX are magnificent, but still room for nore Vamps in FS9 - maybe it's time for me to grab that source file and dust off FSDS ...... :laugh:

Correction =

Just re downloaded and it was originally the Hardy old F3 model reworked, confusing !! ? no problem for me on FSX I use Robs Vampire
Rich R

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35978

Thta is the FSFrance one; did they rework that from Roger's, I didn't know that. I do recall it had .... umm... interesting flight characteristics! :laugh:

I'm still mainly a user of FS9, partly because my system still is not optimum for FSX and partly because I like the flexibility of having a few installs which I can make period specific. When I do fly in FSX it is largely Rob's models I am flying, they are superb models AND they don't kill my system; but would still like more options in FS9, so I guess it will have to be the DIY approach!

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35980

Just my 2 cents worth, South Africa also flew Vampires, the T.55 model from 1951 onwards, as trainers if I am correct in my info, also being our first military jets. They were retired in 1978 but then one was brought out of mothballs and was rebuilt and successfully flown again on 4th September 2009.

Some links of their history and some Youtube videos, one inside a Vampire in flight.

www.saaffriends.co.za/projects/current/v...pire_229_project.htm
www.saairforce.co.za/the-airforce/aircra.../vampire-t55-d-h-115

As to the availability of Vamps for FS2004 and FSX I only know of Alphasim (payware for both FS9 and FSX) and the ones here at BritSim.

Regards
Andrew
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Screwbottle.

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35987

• Rich
darrenvox wrote:

thanks

Go for the Fs France version on this page the FS France Version not the Roger Hardy version,
this one gives 2 models = tanks and clean.

For some reason it will not give a working zip on the one the Brit Sim library

Page=

www.rbdesign.se/flygplan_JAKT.html

Download link =

www.rbdesign.se/download/flygplan/J%2028.zip

Rich
Rich R

Re: where to find alphasim vampire or similar aircraft 3 years 10 months ago #35988

I am in the proses of upgrading my Vampire to the FB5 model and I’m also working on a Sea Vampire, all for FSX though.
Perhaps Peter will come up with a Swedish paint scheme for the new FB5/j28.
  • Page: