Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: deHavilland Venom near to completion

deHavilland Venom near to completion 3 years 10 months ago #35942

Soon to be released DeHavilland Venom for FSX acceleration, a few more weeks work should see it completed.
Peter Watkins has promised some re-paints, there are a quite a few to choose from.
Two models, the FB1 and FB4.
All the usual animations and weapons loads, and there is a superb new cartridge start effect by Brian Franklin.
Although the Venom never saw front line service in its homeland, it did see much service in the far flung corners of the Empire. The RAF fighter-bomber Venoms saw service during the Malayan emergency which took place between 1948 and 1960, although they did not begin operations until the mid-1950s with Nos. 45 and 60 Squadrons RAF. While there, the Venom supported operations against Communist guerrillas as part of Operation Firedog, the codename for Royal Air Force operations in Malaya. Venoms were lent to the Royal New Zealand Air Force for use in the same conflict where they operated with No.1 Squadron RNZAF.
The Venom also saw service during the Suez Crisis being operated by Nos. 6, 8 and 249 Squadrons RAF flying from RAF Akrotiri, Cyprus. The Anglo-French invasion, codenamed Operation Musketeer, took place in response to the nationalisation of the Suez Canal by Egypt's leader, General Nasser. The air war began on the 31 October 1956 signalling the beginning of the Suez War. The Venoms launched a number of sorties, attacking a variety of military installations on the ground. They also saw much action in the Middle East, supporting operations against terrorists in Aden and Oman, losing some aircraft in the process. Venoms additionally saw service during the Mau Mau insurgency in Kenya.
Operators of the Venom included, Iraq, Italy, New Zealand, Sweden, Switzerland, UK.

s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/robca...?albumview=slideshow
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by robcarrich. Reason: to add slideshow
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: deHavilland Venom near to completion 3 years 10 months ago #35943

• Rich
Rob a good subject with no single seaters around, will have to dig out my home made Aden sceneries now.
Rich R

Re: deHavilland Venom near to completion 3 years 10 months ago #35944

I'll send you a link Rich

Re: deHavilland Venom near to completion 3 years 9 months ago #35958

Looks like another winner Rob!! :) Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Rich, Ian Elliot put together RAF Sharjah for me, and already did Khormaksar and Luqa a while back; they're for FS9, so don't know for sure if they will work in FSX. Most of the other airfields in the region are still there, so I'm 'backdating' them in FS9; the only one missing totally is Hal Far, which I'm attempting myself,
The following user(s) said Thank You: robcarrich

Re: deHavilland Venom near to completion 3 years 9 months ago #35971

• Rich
Andy,

"Rich, Ian Elliot put together RAF Sharjah for me, and already did Khormaksar "

I have the Khormaksar Scenery in FSX which works ok except for some of the fences playing up

Have'nt seen RAF Sharjah available anywhere, would love to check it against my memory of 1967.

Rich
Rich R

Re: deHavilland Venom near to completion 3 years 9 months ago #35972

• Rich
Rob, got it installed and running yesterday but as it is Holy week here sitting in cemeteries is a
must, what I did manage to see looks good, everything should be back to normal tomorrow so will
spend some time flying etc and let you know by email how I get on.

Rich.
Rich R

Re: deHavilland Venom near to completion 3 years 9 months ago #35974

Thanks Rich,
Would'nt mind trying your Aden scenery! Any chance?
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by robcarrich.

Re: deHavilland Venom near to completion 3 years 9 months ago #35975

• Rich
Rob re Aden Scenery will dig out what I have Dhala is one but what you see is what there was,
a airstrip surrounded by mountains the strip was just sand/dust which completely hid the Beverley's
when in reverse, no buildings anywhere near and not even a tent, our camp was 2 miles away.

Strip alt 4000 ft asl.
Rich R