Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SAAF Shackleton Repaints

SAAF Shackleton Repaints 3 years 9 months ago #35946

Peter has done an excellent job repainting the SAAF shacks but there are two small errors I would like to point out. there are walkway lines underneath the tailplanes which should not be there for obvious reasons and the canopy frames on the white topped versions are white not dark sea grey as on the earlier versions. Once again Peter thanks very much for the excellent work you are doing.;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: SAAF Shackleton Repaints 3 years 9 months ago #35947

PM might have been better ;)

Re: SAAF Shackleton Repaints 3 years 9 months ago #35948

Not walkways obviously.

PS according to the information in ‘WarPaint’ Peter is correct with his detail colour.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by robcarrich.

Re: SAAF Shackleton Repaints 3 years 9 months ago #35950

Hmmmm, an American industrial psychologist once said 'everything before the word'but' is bullsh*t'!
With regard to the observations, yes there are no yellow lines under the tailplane on SAAF Shackletons and the cockpit top should be white on the aircraft with white top fuselages.
I have just corrected these errors on the repaint of 1716 in the colours in which she crashed in the Sahara. I will correct the other affected aircraft paints and issue an amendment file with new textures for each paint.
Please note that if you notice that the two outboard engine exhaust covers are blue instead of grey, I am unable to fix it as it appears to be a model texture mapping issue and I will not ask Rob to alter his model for such a trivial change.

regards, Peter

Re: SAAF Shackleton Repaints 3 years 9 months ago #35977

Hi Peter

Just a post to say "A BIG THANK YOU" for the SAAF repaints of the Shackleton MR3, plus the latest one you have just posted of Pelican 16 in her 1994 livery. As older as I am now this girl still gives me the goosies, I have so many and fond memories of her, and you have helped along with Rob Richardson's model to at least bring this alive in FSX.

WELL DONE Gents from my point of view. :woohoo: :cheer: :lol:

Regards
Andrew
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Screwbottle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robcarrich, peterwatkins2

Re: SAAF Shackleton Repaints 3 years 9 months ago #35981

Thanks for replying Peter, I do not know anything about the RAF Shacks but as for the SAAF version I have seen and photograhped for many years. I realize that anyone can make mistakes as I know myself because I have done a lot of repainting which becomes very tedious sometimes and we all do tend to make mistakes but I say again you have done an excellent job, I take my hat off to you.

Regards David.:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: peterwatkins2