Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DH-98 Mosquito

DH-98 Mosquito 3 years 9 months ago #36001

About 4 years ago I came across a thread on these forums regarding a Native FSX DH-98 Mosquito by Dave Garwood (I think).

Over the next couple of years there were teaser shots of the model's progress and suddenly all progress and screenshots stopped. I am curious as to what happened to this aircraft as it would have been nice to have a native FSX Mosquito.

Am interested in hearing what happened to make it suddenly disappear.

Cheers
Pat
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: DH-98 Mosquito 3 years 9 months ago #36002

Hi Aussieman

Alive, well and ready for download if this is what you are looking for, search for beaufsx.zip on Flightsim.com. And I've found a number of repaints available on the web for this model.

FSX - FSX Warbirds
FSX Bristol Beaufighter Package
[ Download | View ]

Name: beaufsx.zip Size: 58,225,619 Date: 06-12-2008 Downloads: 6,071
FSX Bristol Beaufighter Package. Includes Bristol Beaufighter Mk. VIc, Mk. VIf and Mk. X. Native FSX SP2 aircraft. Nine paint schemes included. VC only. Smooth modeled gauges. Droppable torpedo and rocket projectiles included for mission or edited save flight use. By Dave Garwood, CBFSim.

Regards
Andrew
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Screwbottle.

Re: DH-98 Mosquito 3 years 9 months ago #36003

Ah sorry Aussieman, not reading properly, you're looking for the DH-98 Mosquito.

Re: DH-98 Mosquito 3 years 9 months ago #36004

It's a CBFS based project and was at one time joint with Derek Palmer.

It's on hold AFAIK

Re: DH-98 Mosquito 3 years 9 months ago #36005

There's a payware model from Justflight, very good, and I see Aeroplane Heaven are also working on a payware one, not ready for release just yet.

Hi Gary

Yep looks that way as the last update on CBFS Developers corner, is 10 July 2009 after your post.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Screwbottle.

Re: DH-98 Mosquito 3 years 9 months ago #36006

@ Screwbottle - the Just Flight and Aeroplane Heaven Mossies are the same - as far as I know JF put it in a box/download

Re: DH-98 Mosquito 3 years 9 months ago #36007

Yep....They Aeroplane Heaven and JF are the same...working a system that's been done a few times.

Garry

Re: DH-98 Mosquito 3 years 9 months ago #36009

Hi Andrew,

I already have the Beaufighter. Have had it since it was first released and have several Aussie PTO repaints. I haven't been doing much flying in the last couple of years because of my 10-12 hour shifts at work. I have recently retired but I am getting ready to move house so when that drama is over I will be back to flying and will post screenshots here.

Cheers
Pat

Re: DH-98 Mosquito 3 years 9 months ago #36010

The JF Mosquito is actually an Aeroplane Heaven model. The same applies to the Lancaster and Tiger Moth.

The JF FSX Mosquito is actually a portover from FS9 with mods to make it compatible with FSX. I know that Aeroplane Heaven suffered a lot of problems with the Floods in Brisbane earlier this year and a lot of their developments were severely delayed.

Cheers
Pat

Edit: Sorry should have read all replies before posting. Replied to individual posts.

Pat
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Aussieman.

Re: DH-98 Mosquito 3 years 9 months ago #36063

Ah! Thank you gents for enlightening me, on the payware front.

Something interesting I cannot figure out too, is that there is a video on Youtube entitled "Havilland Mosquito DH98 "RAF Photo Reconnaissance" FSX", and it refers to a Mossie for FSX. Here's the link . Love the choice of the music, also listed.

Well blow me I have scoured every corner of the web and most FSX extra content web sites I know, and cannot find this model used in the video. Anyone have any ideas.

Regards
Andrew

Re: DH-98 Mosquito 3 years 9 months ago #36064

The top of the list on a Google search produced this

www.avsim.com/pages/0908/Justflight2/Mosquito.htm

Has a photo recon version

Garry