Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Installation file damaged

Re: Installation file damaged 3 years 7 months ago #36676

• Rich
CHARLIEDOG, very pleased you have got Robs Shackleton working by whatever means, it is often best to delete whatever does not work and try a different tack.

None of Robs models so far have a auto installer something to bear in mind, stick with winzip and you will not have much problem, while winrar will open a winzip file if that file is duff it will not, I tend to stick with what I know works.

Hopefully some of the junk I spouted above may be a useful reference to other possible faults.

Remember a Fs 9 aircraft used in FSX will often have small problems most of which can be fixed, it is unlikely you will get a picture in the select aircraft menu but if it is listed there with a grey question mark aircraft try to load it it may just be no picture, something that can be fixed.

Any other problems just ask I am sure someone will come up with a answer, I am just another member like you.
Rich R
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Installation file damaged 3 years 7 months ago #36677

• Keith Paine
  • Thank you received: 4
Charlie Dog,
Glad you got there in the end. I must admit that when I do load a new aircraft I do check the file listing before I try to fly them, because many will not place the bits where they should be. I also find that I can usually dispense with putting the gauges into the Gauges folder, I just place the gauge.cab file/files in the panel folder.
For a picture to show on the opening screen in FSX, there has to be a 'thumbnail.jpg' file within the texture folder. Although I do not create for FSX my aircraft will normally port over, so I do include a thumbnail.
Well done Rich also.
Happy simming
Upside Down In Cloud.....
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page: