Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Vampire: Thank you, Rob Richardson, Peter Watkins

Vampire: Thank you, Rob Richardson, Peter Watkins 3 years 6 months ago #36734

Thanks Rob for your superb new FB5/9 and similarly upgraded F3 which made an already excellent model even better. It's great to see FSX native models of this quality, and as freeware too.

It always struck me as a shame there weren't many repaints available for your original F3. Now that's more than been addressed by Peter's huge number of superb liveries for all three models. Thanks Peter, they bring this great early jet to life.

Keep up the good work,

Ade
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robcarrich, peterwatkins2

Re: Vampire: Thank you, Rob Richardson, Peter Watkins 3 years 6 months ago #36739

Thanks for the compliments, Ade.
About half of the Vampire repaints were done in response to user requests, so if you have any particular aircraft in mind let me know and I will fit it in to my schedule!
As far as Rob is concerned, I am amazed at his output of quality models in such a short period of time. Every release is better than the preceding one and it is a privilege to be able to paint them.

regards, Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adrian Petford

Re: Vampire: Thank you, Rob Richardson, Peter Watkins 3 years 6 months ago #36744

Thank you for that Adrian and Peter,
I know you don't care too much for the civilian stuff Peter but there are quite a few re-paint possibilities for the Ambassador.
Worth thinking about?
I managed to get hold of the Airspeed aircraft manual and the BEA Operators manual.
Its just amazing how complicated even these old aircraft were!
I still have a long, long way to go before it’s anywhere near complete.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Adrian Petford

Re: Vampire: Thank you, Rob Richardson, Peter Watkins 3 years 6 months ago #36745

• Rich
Many thanks to both for the excellent models and paints.

Sorry I think I may be guilty for the first Vampire F3 repaint with the County of Glamorgan paint
Aircraft I saw for real both flying and parked on their pad on most sundays in their heyday.
Rich R

Re: Vampire: Thank you, Rob Richardson, Peter Watkins 3 years 6 months ago #36747

peterwatkins2 wrote:
Thanks for the compliments, Ade.
About half of the Vampire repaints were done in response to user requests, so if you have any particular aircraft in mind let me know and I will fit it in to my schedule!

Thanks, Peter. That's very interesting to hear. I'll have a look through my photographs and let you know.
peterwatkins2 wrote:
As far as Rob is concerned, I am amazed at his output of quality models in such a short period of time. Every release is better than the preceding one and it is a privilege to be able to paint them.

I totally agree. I originally found Rob's first Vampire F3 as a replacement for the old FsFrance one I had used in FS9 and was astonished by its quality and the fact it was freeware. This quickly became a favourite in the hangar and since then I've added Rob's other releases, all of which are superb. Looking forward to his future projects!

Regards,

Ade
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Adrian Petford.

Re: Vampire: Thank you, Rob Richardson, Peter Watkins 3 years 6 months ago #36770

I'd very much like to add my deep thanks to Rob and Peter for their superb work with these Vamps! As a young lad back in the early Fifties, I would bike over to Downsview airport -- CYZD, out in the "sticks", back then -- and watch the Vamp Squadron's activities with rapt attention.

It got a bit too rapt, one day, when I thought it'd be a good idea to hop the fence and sit next to the button of the landing runway. The squadron commander was un-impresed, but at least I got some close-up looks at the old bird, before they delivered a stern lecture and shooed me away. (These days, I'd have been led away in shackles! :unsure: )

Living so near to ZD, the Vampire and the Harvard were probably the two most plentiful aircraft in the skies of my youth, so it's with huge pleasure that I can now virtually fly them with such nostalgia.

Gorgeous aircraft! Many heartfelt thanks!

-Jon

Jon Houston
Cole Harbour
Nova Scotia
Canada
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by HighGround.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robcarrich, peterwatkins2

Re: Vampire: Thank you, Rob Richardson, Peter Watkins 3 years 6 months ago #36778

Can I too add my grateful thanks to Rob & Peter for the Vampire repaints. They take me back to the old RAF 'At Home' days in septembers many years ago....sigh My enduring memories are of the Vampire 'whistle' and the roar of four might Lincoln2 Merlins. Happy daze!
Tiger David 74
The following user(s) said Thank You: peterwatkins2