Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Portsmouth Aerocar Major

Portsmouth Aerocar Major 3 years 6 months ago #36746

Thank you's should go to Edward Cook for giving us this amazing aeroplane.

Well done, sir, and keep up the good work.

Best Regards
Zoomie
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Portsmouth Aerocar Major 3 years 6 months ago #36750

• Molyned
  • Thank you received: 6
Yes, another build from the master of Classic British aircraft of a byegone era is now in the files library.
The Portsmouth Aviation Company Aerocar Major first flew in 1947 and now flies again in FS9 by courtesy of Ted Cook.
Thanks and Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Re: Portsmouth Aerocar Major 3 years 6 months ago #36751

Only had a couple of flights with the Aerocar so far, but she is as delightful to fly as I've always hoped, and gives the impression of being much much quicker than she actually is (a bit like a late 40s British sports car).

Anyone know of FS9 scenery for Radlett (I have a fancy to replicate the Aerocar's SBAC debut)?

Re: Portsmouth Aerocar Major 3 years 5 months ago #36775

I haven't tried it out yet, but I can only suggest going London to Paris.
I haven't tried that in a car of any description yet, but I've done it in several of our classic aircraft from the library.

Tony
NZDN

Re: Portsmouth Aerocar Major 3 years 5 months ago #36779

I've been running it on a Sandown to London City route and its just as quick as an Islander or a Navajo. I use VFR rules, avoid LGW, both outgoing and return, and get back to Sandown before dark and the Aerocar really suits the Sandown runway.

Strictly speaking, in period, it would have been from Ryde to Hendon, but it works well in the modern era.:)

BTW Portsmouth Aviation are still in business, making components for the aviation industry.:) :)

Regards to all. B)
Zoomie
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by zoomie.