Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Unhappy question

Unhappy question 9 years 2 months ago #4415

• Phlashgitt
Just opened the forum and found everything upside down. The latest posts are at the the top and it works downwards to the earliest. A bit disconcerting and confusing. I am unable to recify this with what controls I am allowed.

Sorry to be a pain in the arse.

S B)<br><br>Post edited by: Phlashgitt, at: 2006/11/21 21:09
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Unhappy question 9 years 2 months ago #4416

• Garry Russell
I thought it was just me

I have been trying to change it on my profile

The downloads are different now so perhaps the site has be re set with that the opposite way around

Garry<br><br>Post edited by: Garry Russell, at: 2006/11/21 20:34

Re:Unhappy question 9 years 2 months ago #4418

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
I thought it was just me :laugh:
Took a shufty backsatge but cant see whats changed - maybe Rob will belong shortly - if I start pushing buttons and pulling levers no telling what might happen

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>

Re:Unhappy question 9 years 2 months ago #4426

• Miggers
  • Thank you received: 3
When I popped in last night and added the link to the R-4360 piccy
I got a message saying we were having a software update.

I guess this is it,all gone back to front:silly:

Mig:whistle:
CBF Alpha/Beta Test Pilot

CBF Chief Fighter Pilot

IL2 Messerschmitt 109 ace

Holder of the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves,Swords and Diamonds.

Re:Unhappy question 9 years 2 months ago #4432

• flugkapitan
Here I was thinking it was just me! Thought I was beginning to lose it as I couldn't figure out a way to reset the order of the posts with oldest at the beginning.

Regards,
Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

Re:Unhappy question 9 years 2 months ago #4433

• Garry Russell
Hi Scott

You can change the order in your profile........but don't bother it won't do a thing for this at the moment as I have tried several times...but it's worth remembering for the future

ATB

Garry

Re:Unhappy question 9 years 2 months ago #4435

• thehappyotter
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Everyone,

There have been a lot of behind the scenes changes over the past couple of days, the vast majority of which are not visible to users but should speed things up etc.

A lot of things have been added to help with future expansion and other ideas I have for the sites future.

It would appear that a few teething problems are happening in some areas... Typical...

I have had a look into this problem with the forums being upside down and I think I may have cured it.

Check in your profile and then the 'edit' button at the top and update your profile to choose the view you want. There was a problem with the choices being duplicated and it was confusing the system (and me...)

Let me know if it doesn't work and i'll have another go.

You'll notice a lot of new bits & bobs in the profile. I'm working towards each person having an automatically updated page here where all new things on the site are listed so people don't have to look around to find new downloads/pages/posts/links/whatever and where users can get in touch with each other.

A 'portal' page tailored to each user if you like. Some bits are active now and some not, some work well and some don't.

I shall be talking to the other admins very soon and we shall hopefully get a little test running with us first to see if things work, if it looks all good then i'll make it public. It's all about making it easier for the users.

Please keep reporting any problems to me, I like to know what's wrong but also please bear in mind that the backend stuff is pretty much done by me on my own and it may take a while to get fixed... I hate only being human sometimes... :P

Rob.<br><br>Post edited by: thehappyotter, at: 2006/11/22 17:57

Re:Unhappy question 9 years 2 months ago #4437

• Garry Russell
Hi Rob

It's already the right way up for me

Thanks for that

ATB

Garry

Re:Unhappy question 9 years 2 months ago #4439

• murnaghan
Hi Rob,

That seems to have sorted it out. :)

Just changed my profile to oldest post first, and all has returned to normal.

I thought it was just me yesterday as my computer system battery was flat, causing all sorts of problems, wrong date and time, and the computer listing a floppy drive I haven't got amongst others. Put a new battery in this evening and cleaned out an awful lot of dust. :whistle: It seems to be running quieter as well.

Jon