Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: You asked

You asked 8 years 8 months ago #5165

• johnhinson
G'day,

You ask on the home page for comments on the site's operation. I don't want this to be construed as complaints - more in the way of suggestions.

1. I can't see the link to \"latest files\" any more. Has it gone or have I put the wrong glasses on again? I did find that useful.

2. When downloading files, I end up with duplicate windows and neither the new one or the original one will go back to the list of files using the back button. That makes downloading several files a real pain as you have got to go back to square one each time to reloacate the files you were looking at. If there is a way of making this slicker, I'm sure it would be appreciated by many.

Best wishes,

John

PS - 3. Can't makre the Preview button here do anything . .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:You asked 8 years 8 months ago #5166

• LeifH
  • Just an old shepherd
Nope thats exactly the kind of response we're looking for John - How else can we improve the site for people??

Umm The Latestfiles link seems to have disappeared in our last upgrade,Robs aware and we're trying to get it back quickly.

Your second Ill have a look at and see whats going on thismorning (evening to you)

and the preview WAS working last evening - yep still working ok

Thanks

Leif
<<In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand>>

Re:You asked 8 years 8 months ago #5168

Hi John,

1. The Latest Files page is now back for you.

2. I shall look in to this for the future, I can't promise anything but will try and work something out.

3. Preview works fine for me, it should pop up in a new window.

4. Thanks for your comments, as Leif said, that's just the kind of comments this forum is for.

Rob.

Re:You asked 8 years 8 months ago #5178

• John Hinson
Thanks! I didn't expect things to happen that fast - good to see the Latest Files is back and I shall have to find a moment to add some as Leif is encouraging (bullying?) me to do so!

Kindest regards,

John

PS - tried the Preview button again but still a \"no\" for me - must be something in my settings then. I've now tried both IE7 and Mozilla and the same with both so it must be something local, probably Aunty Virus feeling vindictive. Not a problem, though, as Submit works fine.

Re:You asked 8 years 8 months ago #5491

thehappyotter wrote:
2. I shall look in to this for the future, I can't promise anything but will try and work something out.

Many thanks Rob, I can see you have been successful and it is a great improvement in my opinion.

Kindest regards,

John