Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kuwaiti Lightnings in FSX

Kuwaiti Lightnings in FSX 4 years 6 months ago #33270

The people over at the SoH forum have done some miracles with getting the good old Alphasim Lightning packs to work in FSX.
I have searched through some old external HDs and found my old master textures for the bird and done a quick update of my F.53 and T.55 Kuwaiti AF repaint. They are mostly the same as the FS9 versions, but some new close up pictures of the Lighting have made it possible to include more of the decals and I have made new panel lines for the forward T.55 fuselage. The original Alphasim textures more or less use the same panel lines for both the single and twin seaters.

The models are of course still very much portovers and even with all the genius tweaks, especially the T.5 and T.55 have a problem with the gunsight being black and all models don’t show any of the loadout options due to the fact they were controlled by the concord visor function, which is not coded into FSX. A shame as the F.53 loadout of 8x Matra rocket pods looked rather good on the bird.

Bellow is a collection of screenshots from a flight with the T.55 and F.53 out of Kuwait IAP and out over the gulf.

Best regards
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Jens-Ole.
The administrator has disabled public write access.